Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Blizz Take III

Photo by SnaggleTooth winter 2014

Just what we needed here this winter, another Blizzard! Early work after working late, Heading home in the height of the storm, more worry, more heavy shoveling after work, n before work again the following day, n that night too...

About 1.5 feet of water-heavy, then refrozen snow, n huge snow-boulders from the plow to remove from the driveway. I still haven't done the second pass at the side stairs deck door. I hope it'll melt in forecast rain tomorrow.

Think it's the first time I've ever had a winter season having three blizzards...

Photo by SnaggleTooth winter 2014

A Huckleberry tree branch I'm used to picking berries from at a window every July broke halfway off at the trunk, slid down n stuck itself with ice to the side of my house. It's still stuck there, with the thin top twigs frozen against  the window glass.

I'm depressed I'll have to saw it off n will get no more easy to reach berries. I'll miss them in my plain yogurt...

Valentine's products production was crazy. Alot of folks I know call it a Hallmark Holiday, undeserving of observation. All it does is ruin the day's shopping for everyday folks- with the long lines of guys here, pathetically waiting until the last minute to get their girl n Mother something acceptable. So I never go into a store that day-
I do like the day after sales for my goodies at least- Dark chocolate truffles preferred.

I should have more time for normal stuff this week, as long as it rains n not snows this Day Off, n I get fewer shovel hours to put in. Another major slow-down on the keyboard now are my two mashed fingertips, one on each hand with acute pain at the touch- No, that doesn't keep me out of work either! But I'm depressed about not having the option to play instruments this week- Got a few new song lines to work on n feel stifled. I'd dreamt that I  was playing my violin the day before the left hand ring finger got nailed too...
Now onto a massive chore list, eating, n sleeping- (It better rain!)

10 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

You have been given much more than your share of winter. It is almost over. Do not injure yourself with snow removal!!

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I didn't know huckleberries were real. I thought they were just what Doc Holiday called people.

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, The five story igloo out front is almost complete... Tall, Tall, shovel heaps!

Gran Annie, I have a whole tree, minus the one branch I could reach to harvest. The rest are 20 feet overhead! I always liked Hanna-Barbara's HuckleBerry Hound!

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Pretty Huckleberry tree. I hate to hear the branch broke off, but pretty there in the snow.

 
At 11:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, it's so much smaller without that side branch. I was just now mourning my berry loss again before reading your comment... Thanks.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Neo said...

I think we're all ready for spring and some warm sunshine!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I think I'm ready for July toasties! This is definitely NOT bathing suit weather...

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Where's that free spirit mentality!?!?

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I sure hope your fingers are feeling better now?

Maybe you can reel a huckleberry branch in with a fish hook this July? xo

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Call me silly for not wanting to skinny dip in Ice cube soup...

Jannie, Still can't finger pick, but may be able to hold down left-hand fret-board string this week finally. The other branches are too far n high to get.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home