Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Blizz: take II

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

Some winters one Blizzard isin't enough, so they keep rollin' on up the Eastern seaboard n make me shovel a ton of white stuff in order to get in n out of the building. This one is again hitting the SouthEast of the state hardest n more, (Where I live). 

Of course, bitter, life-threatening cold temperatures n snowfall is never enough reason to cancel work, even when authorities have the sense to cancel schools a day ahead. But they do tell us the day before to come in very early to finish early, so the delivery is out before the bulk of the Storm makes it impossible for the drivers to return. Not to do it would mean eating an unpaid day...

So after missing regular sleep on Monday- in order to wash blankets to keep my indoor allergies in check at the village laundrymat, now closed on my Days Off - I had to go into work 8 hours earlier after barely getting another two hours of sleep. Somehow the constant movement kept me alert.

Then I got home about 6 pm, when normally I'd just be in the first stage of the daily production, right in the middle of storminess. TG tomorrow is Day Off! My feet are throbbing, n I'm exhausted, but all keyed up on too much tea caffeine. My poor eyeballs are red as a beet, also protesting the lack of restorative slumber.

Yet here I am, attempting to post, due to my two day withdrawal from not having time to be online unless giving up my 2-hour pittance of zzz s...
You better believe I'll sleep a double before shovel time - right, after I see if this works today. Reading time tomorrow probably. Clean blankets, here I come... zzz

Pic is the Boat Ramp Beach the day after Blizz I.

6 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I so hope you are physically fit enough to be doing all that snow shoveling. It is quite dangerous you know. It makes me worry about you even more.

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Last night I read your blog but the comments wouldn't load again- Can't seem to post AND do comments for some out of load memory reason...
Shoveling is all done now- decided to do it while it was still light n fluffy. I'm so active for my age it's crazy all the exercise I get! I basically run a marathon at work 5 days per week- So don't worry about my capacity for extreme sports like shoveling... At least I was un-rushed. Thanks

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Do you think you can't comment because of my computer or yours? I have been having trouble sometimes posting comments on other blogs. Maybe it is just blogger. Glad to know you are practicing safe shoveling:)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Could you work a day shift all the time if you wanted to? I've worked 3rd shift before (a long time ago) and just couldn't handle it. Sounds as if you do, but I wonder if you'd like to get home at 6pm all the time.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, hmmm- I'd like it to be Blogger! But think my old machine, n slow dial-up ISP are the limiting factors. Thanks-

Lynn, The food shouldn't be made early due to earlier expiration time. There is no day shift- n that I can't do now after 7 years of all night. Even just once in awhile exhausts me! I still stay up-
My last 8 to 5 day job made mail impossible to pick up! I had to drive in heavy bridge n rotary traffic, n I still was up until 2am every night. I hated being in a windowless building all day. I actually get out in daylight more now! Thanks

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I am glad, by reading your next post you did get lots of that restorative slumber, Snag.

And the laundrymat closing some now, what? I guess the economy is hitting every one these days.

xoox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home