Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Go with the Ice Floe

Image by SnaggleTooth Winter 2014

 Another snowstorm day!
TG it's Day Off!
But work messed with my ability to feel rested again by waiting until "My Friday" (not a regular work-week for most folks), to get everyone to come in much earlier to avoid having delivery issues in the storm.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Winter 2014
It would've helped if work didn't run late the night before, plus snow 4 wet-heavy inches. I finished shoveling after 3 am. Then had a repeat of not getting enough sleep to get back out to stressful work again.

No errands to run today- just shoveling slush again. Most importantly the drain so the road doesn't flood n freeze in the driveway. I'll be happy to have bread for sandwiches n milk in my tea this week, if I can manage a store trip tomorrow.

Image by SnaggleTooth Winter 2014
I should be catching up on sleep now, but my brain is on overdrive with too much backlogged to relax. The plows are making quite a racket out there too- 

At least I have blog catch-up time.
Pic is last week's ice flows by the ramp beach, B-cove. Think I see a Polar Bear...

9 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

You really do live in a beautiful area, and the snow looks wonderful even though I'm sure it's a pain in the butt!

Be grateful for the plows, something that doesn't seem to exist here in the UK!

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

Yuck!! Weather is so awful for most of the U.S. I am now so sad to hear about all the power outages. Please stay as safe and healthy as possible! Your first photo really illustrated it all.

 
At 2:12 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I think I see a polar bear, too!

 
At 12:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Yes, I'm grateful the plows here are experienced at clearing the roads well n fast. They've gotten so much practice this year! Third Weds in a row storm. You'd think folks there would start ordering plow attachments for trucks.

Tabor, Sad how many great snow pics I'm getting these days! Power was out tonight several hours. Luckily (?) I'm familiar with the drill. Thanks

Lynn, Would be ideal for one here lately! I see a head in the third pic here-

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Third photo a polar bear standing on an Alfred E. Newman Elf Bat:)

Glad I have no errands or need to leave home other than to feed chickens. I am huddled in the house in front of the television wrapped in robe and blankets and praying for spring.

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger carmilevy said...

Perversely, I enjoy harsh winters because they remind me of my childhood. Big storms - and the tons of snow that would redraw the landscape for months on end - made me feel strangely secure, as if the world was being tightly protected during the winter months.

The only downside, as you've touched on so perfectly here, is the time thing. Shovelling late at night, working early and late, not having time for anything else. I wish it could be a little easier.

Somehow, I doubt that'll happen!

 
At 4:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Wow- I see that A.P.N. Elf-Bat now! What would Dr Freud say to that?! Glad you don't have to hike far in that snow! I hope spring is just around the corner for you- We're doing Zeroes here again this week!

Carmi, I don't mind storms when at home, but can't help worrying about getting home when I'm out there in it, Of course I'm always in awe of Mother Nature's wrath, n the pictures I get to take of it.
I hope you don't have as much shoveling by flashlight at 3am as I do! I hope we get to crow-bar in some more family time! Thanks for the visit

 
At 10:28 PM, Blogger Neo said...

When you're finished come shovel my parking lot!!!

 
At 4:56 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Sometimes it pays to have a a small front walkway... Right now the old snow here is rock-hard ice which is impossible to shovel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home