Thursday, January 30, 2014

Winter Beach

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

Life can be a Winter Beach...

The past week I've taken a few quick walks to the nearby frozen coves. More snow, more sub-z s, Many layers n double-thick hats.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

Nice n quiet outdoors, no one else venturing about for fun, n I wouldn't bother except attempts to take more snow at the beach n ice pics to play with. Winter finds us doing strange things to entertain ourselves....

I haven't had much free time this winter really.

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

My house chores are piling up again. I don't feel motivated to do the dusty spots having been feeling semi-sick n over-tired all week. Alot of work n store folks around me are sick with colds n flu lately- Hope I'm not next-

Much anxiety figuring out how to get taxes done - Need some publications read first, n then do all those fun worksheets n calculations. Taxes always stress me out, so much dry reading for so little return funds, n so time consuming.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

These scenes are normal winter fare here in the NorthEast USA- I feel bad for the Southern states which got nailed with surprise ice n snow disruptions the past few days. I hope the situation clears up for the affected folks soon. Seems we're all taking turns getting a weather-time-out with odd climate conditions these days.

Me, I'll be glad to have 20 F degrees back for later today. (It's 7 F now). Pics are the M-cove after the deep snow storm last week  Had a few more inches n took more ice pics of the other cove today to upload. Now time to reload the hot water bottles n catch a nap before another busy day...

Hope you're staying warm...

8 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am desperately praying this long winter will come to an end. My home is heated with propane gas and the price has skyrocketed from $2.10 per gallon in December to $4.25 per gallon last week. It cost me $637.50 for 150 gallons and that was all they would sell me. The price is set to go up to $6 per gal. I have all but shut off my heat source and am about to freeze to death in my home. I really need Ron to tell me how to overcome this unexpected obstacle. I might use your idea of hot water bottles.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

This has indeed been a long winter - fortunately those of us in the south, we are OK after our "ordeal" - it's ongoing for those of you with rather permanent winter weather.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, You may want to try a small, electric heater for the room you spend the most time in- n put plastic curtains (drop cloths) to close off a smaller area to heat. (small heaters under $30).
When the power was out Last year, hot water in bowls n pans set around kept me from going below freezing in here.
You may be able to buy some disposable heat packs like they put in pockets at football games.
Be careful with the jars don't leak- use jar top grips (silcon/rubber) n cover them with fabric so you don't get burned. Diabetics need to be careful not to over circulate one body area-
I have spent hours hugging warm bottles in washcloths at my table, n always put them in the arm chair corners. Way better than never feeling warm! Hang in there-

Lynn, the frozen ordeal Must be worse for those Southerners who've never ventured to the North winter before! This year has been pretty brutal, but just think- It's always like this in Canada! Let's hope the rest of cool time is mild for us all.

 
At 11:48 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Taxes freak me out a bit too, but once I get started on them, things generally improve -- my mood mostly.

Keep washing your hands frequently, do touch your face unless your hands are clean, and you should be okay!!

I'd enjoy being out in the snow when no one else was too.

xooxo

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

sorry, should read do NOT touch your face...

xo

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Turbo Tax $30... Hell you can have them take the money out of the return.

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

So far we've had no snow in the UK but the continuous rain and wind storms are destroying areas of the country, and it's all very tragic. It's just non stop rain every day and night for weeks and the flooding and damage is terrible.

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Previously posted n lost by Blogger? But saved in my text file:

Jannie, my mood improves the minute they are done, including the State return which has a Health Care schedule like the Fed will next year. I wash my hands so much it's pathetic, but must touch eyes all day long for instilling eyedrops. I always wash the doorknobs too-

Jannie, Can't Touch This! Hand sanitizer is in use too...
But right now, I'm leaning my head on my hand.

Neo, Have done them before. Last time cost $50. Need to do a publication workshheet calculation to send in as I explained. Don't want a flag, don't want to pay anything, plus have no time to do it now- No time to sleep again either!

LLcoolJ, Sounds terrible! Now if we could just ship the extra water to the California drought zone, we could save the wine crops! Good thing for your AZ holidays!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home