Thursday, January 23, 2014

Today's Snow

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

Today's snow was quite a show-
About 18 inches n drifted higher in my driveway as usual. TG I didn't have to hurry to get somewhere. So I puttered about in the 20 F cold about 2.5 hours this afternoon, n the Sun even made an appearance.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014
All needed shoveling got done, because it was easy to move, n will get heavier with time. I even took a little walk down near the Boat Ramp Beach I can see from the kitchen window. I like it pretty n pristine without tracks messing it up yet.

The half-buried dinghy looks very sleepy, I think...
I still am sleepy too.

 Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

I think I see a big Yellow Cat with an open mouth here...
holding up some kind of canopy with ears sticking thru.

I did sleep about 10 hours, n am right back to my old up all night schedule. Hopefully I can get in some errands tomorrow to be ready for another workweek. Everything was closed today anyhow, so I didn't bother
 Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

Sometimes ir's tough getting snow pics to alter into good color combos, but I like these.  My imagination always feels a boost from seeing the strange combinations.

I've had some ham, cabbage, potatoes, carrots, n an onion in the slow cooker all night. Almost time to go eat some finally- I think I earned chocolate for desert today too.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2014

Here's the path I made to take that first photo....

More deep snow pics I took today will likely appear here soon...

11 Comments:

At 6:57 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

How far are you going with that sidewalk shoveling? Love the cat holding up the little canopy. Now I am starving for cooked cabbage. Always have a small box of two individual Marie Callendar's chocolate cakes in your freezer. You just heat one for 12 seconds and have a taste treat delight.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That does look like a yellow cat! And I think you definitely earned chocolate.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

What a nice treatment you gave it!

Aloha

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I only shoveled about 4 feet of that sidewalk- then kicked away the rest of the snow with my boots- So Fluffy! Plus the wind made it shallow there- Alot of strangers made use of my path today, as indicated by new tracks there now.

Lynn, Thanks- too bad you can't work it off before you eat it...

Cloudia, Good to see you again! I heard the waves in Waikiki are 30 feet this week- Happy Surf! Aloha!

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger TALON said...

We just had a snowstorm last night...another 12". Quite the winter we have going on this year. I feel for my oldest son - his recon unit is out on maneuvers in the deep woods of New Brunswick for six days. I don't envy them trekking through the snow!

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Yikes! You just keep getting winter in spades there! Camping out in the sub-z's must be very tough for your son! I don't know how they can survive that- Never mind folks further North. Winters were always mild here until recent years- Tough to get to work in it these days- Best luck to you n your family getting to spring- Thanks

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Great path you made, and I like that you showed us it, and the story behind.

Nice to see you inspired by the colors, I enjoy the inspiration too, new perspectives, new perceptions!

take care!
oxoxox

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Needs more cowbell...

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, we've been dealing with alot of drab winter tones here lately. Usually I never explain what I went thru to get the pretty sight pics, but there's usually some work to it all- I like bending my brainwaves from the usual.

Neo, I can hear that bell when you mention it! I have alot of bells here, but not a cowbell...

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I like the yellow cat!

How far will that cleared path have to go!? Looks hard work.

 
At 12:58 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, He'd make a great cartoon I think. So enthusiastic- Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home