Thursday, February 27, 2014

Hopefully


Image by SnaggleTooth 2014

A Search Keyword Entry appearing on my stat page jumped out at me today. Underneath the ever popular "Spongebob" party idea input was "sunset without hope"...

Sunsets shown on ESR have always given me hope. Hope to witness another marvel of creative composition visible only from here, that seems to be happening just for my entertainment. N I always have hope I'll get a decent pic of it to share.

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2010

I've really been missing the sunsets this winter. Cloudy horizons moving in to spit out snow showers seem to obscure good colors lately when I'm free. Or something else needs attention at sunset time. Also, I'm out of sd card memory again, except for just a few frames deleted, n so I feel the snaps have to really count.

Photo by SnaggleTooth  Sept 2010
Then it hit me I could really use some old sunset pic therapy to brighten me up on this 18 F degree am of yet another "Polar Vortex" week here. Maybe you do too...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2010

I hope pics found by the searcher on ESR inspired Hope, n not the lack of it!
(Just a few old pics from 2010, One newly altered)

13 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger Neo said...

No sailboat?

WHY!?!?

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Those keyword searches always amaze me? The algorithm is something else!

 
At 11:27 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Nothing better:)

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

The sunsets we get in Arizona are probably some of my favourite things about the place. We so rarely get one here in the UK.

Lovely photos!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

You have the most beautiful sunsets ever.

 
At 11:02 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, because that's the swimming beach, not the harbor one where the boats are moored.

Tabor, sometimes folks search for the stupidest stuff! But SpongeBob is there each week!("B-5" post, B will be turning 7 this year).
I like that stat info alot.

Gran Annie, I'm getting together my "Shimmer" collection here.

LLcoolJ, I love the pics you got of the AZ sunsets with the palm trees- n such rich color. We rarely get deep colors here, but I've seen a few. I remember the old SLR cam days when it was impossible to get a pic of the sun without the awful lens star thing... Thanks. The bird one was here on ESR before.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

FABULOUS SUNSETS!!

gotta go to sleep now. I"ll be back this weekend!

xxxooo

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Sunset without hope
Moon without love
Clouds without dreams
Rain without peace
What would a poet write
What would a singer sing
How could we live in a world
With none of these around
A sunset without hope
Is a quite unheard of thing

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, Thanks- Sweet Dreams n practice on Beams...

Ellis, Sunsets are hiding, Behind new snow clouds once more. Pain patters loud, but snow never says a thing- Still it stings.
Thanks

 
At 10:38 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Well I think somebody should put a sailboat there out of sheer principal alone!

Make it so #1!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I did sleep, but soon must sleep again. Funny how that happens once a day!

I love all the 3 natural shots, put there for your enjoyment yes. I like how the sun reaches out to your camera on the waves, I think the middle one is my favorite for the gold as the light hits the water. Beautiful! xo

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, If you leave your pretty sailboat in a frozen cove spot, the hull will crack, so when the ice melts, it will sink...
Also, it's not allowed to boat in a swim zone here- they run folks over!

Jannie, Only once? (Power naps is how I survive some days). Thanks. I like the sun's color shimmer on the water the best in all these ones.

 
At 4:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, your comment slipped past me while I was posting, I think! Thankyou- I have so many never used because I voted others better to use that day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home