Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fav Side Trip

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 21 2010
I've been having a perfectly miserable week.
.
At work, I've been too uptight n ready to walk out due to stress overload. Trying to do more than I have time for, while not feeling well (sinus infection) has me feeling overwhelmed. W2 forms received prove that I made alot less the past year (while all my bills have increased). My scheduled hours have been cut more again, n my check keeps shrinking.
.
The downstairs neighbors have been loud n home all week, so I haven't had one full day of sleep. As I write tonight the music downstairs is blasting n it's difficult to think.
.
Between being unhappy both at work n home, I've been very moody. It's amazing I haven't gone ballistic, because I certainly feel like I should- I feel like screaming n yelling at everyone who's guilty of offending me, n I'm mumbling too much under my breath instead. I've learned it's really bad for me to internalize my intense emotions instead of getting them out. Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD) without enough sunlight just puts frosting on my mood cake.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 21 2010I've been in serious need of a "mental health day", but because I don't get any paid sick time, I can't afford to call in even one day. Almost the end of January, n haven't been taking current pics for fun, either.
.
Finally I made it to Day Off, n was able to get up (woken with banging from downstairs again). I put off my normal routine of chores n got out into the afternoon sunshine to go get the mail. The weather report had slated a good day, above freezing, n sunny.
.
I had to head to the center of town for errands, so made the side trip for a "Mini-vaca" at my Fav place in the world before sundown. It was my first visit there since October. I've really missed it. Despite the freezing windchill it felt so good to be there. Usually it's iced up this time of year, but the thaw this week has melted it all. The seaweed deposits are less than usual too.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 21 2010The tide was low n I walked below the jette end which I don't get to do often. The gulls were plentiful, scouring to eat before the daylight faded. I stood at the water's edge near them n watched as the sun sank lower behind the horizon's hazy clouds to put on it's color show for us.
.
Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 21 2010I'm blessed to be able to take a half-hour out of my day to feel so connected to the natural Earth n it's Creator. Only this brings me away from my wrath at frustrations. This brings joy to my life when all else is a chore. Now I feel I can keep trying, so I can once again come back n find this place of peace in my soul. Without this place, I think I might crumble...
.
It brightens my mood that I can share it with other bloggers, no matter the distance away you are!

14 Comments:

At 6:34 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Pics look great.

Hope this was a good jumpstart to your weekend, or at the very least, the mental health break you were looking for.

 
At 7:45 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

We need to get a blogger posse together and kick those neighbors' behinds for blasting music. Oh my! That didn't sound positive, did it? And then we would take you to lunch. That's better. :)

I can relate - my salary was cut last year, too, and the bills don't get any lower. I am so glad that you have this outlet of your photography to bring you peace when you can manage to do it. Thank you for sharing - I felt peace just looking at them myself.

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

We are heading down tonight and arriving while C is at work to surpise her kids.. they don't know we're coming :) Mine do, and E has be psyched all week! He misses everyone and hopefully some crazy time with the Grandkids will help lift your spirits :) (and then you'll be thankful you didn't have boys after all LOL)

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

Not to mention, you became a Great Auntie at 3pm yesterday!!! Kristin and Dave welcomed a little boy named Cameron Leonard Pierce, he is 8lbs 12oz and 22" long :) She grew a watermelon just like the rest of us! I can't wait to see you tomorrow, and hope we can add a bright spot to your day!

The sunset pictures are fantastic btw, thanks for giving me your artistic eye <3

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well. Sinus infections are a bugger! I am glad, though, that you took some time to soak in the majesty that surrounds you. Beautiful pics.

I'll join the posse :)

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

that last shot just screams peace; uh, I mean whispers peace.
Hey if your upstairs have you thought about stomping around? Maybe even just a little?
I think most of us earned less and paid out more.

Down here we have over the counter med...Rescon GG (ya have to ask for it) great for sinus and water on the ear; expensive but great stuff. In fact I'm taking it now, hope to not get an infection from goop sitting in my little brain pan

Feel Better

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G, Thanks. It's like a reset button for me, n the only mh break I get!

Lynn, If they weren't the landlord's grandkids I'd call the cops. I can't even read in my chair with them here. i don't eat out often at all- n you get to alot. Usually I'm asleep at your lunchtime!
Sorry to hear your pay was cut too- I'm hourly, not salary, n hours get cut with the same workload. Standing there in person is the best feeling ever- thanks.

MB, I thought that was your car over there. Yay! Now I just hope I get enough sleep to feel like playing- it always helps even if it is exhausting. Will CU soon-

BBM, I'd gotten some phone messages, but didn't know when they were left- or a name, so thanks for the BB details!
Will CU soon 2!
You're welcome- now make lotsa cash with it...

Talon, swaying back n forth to pick up quickly moving food when it feels like someone hit you in the head with a hammer is very difficult to keep up all day-
I had to go there, 'cus I was at that point! I'll get the rope, you get the paddle!

Paige, the pic only hints of the actual verclemtitude of being there quietly watching it. It's the only peace I've had all week.
If I make more noise, they just keep getting louder, n their music is far more grating than mine!
Thanks for the suggestion, haven't heard of it- I'll researcg. Hope your brain pan clears out well!
If I could sleep one day without getting woken, it would be much better- Thanks

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Stunning pix in beautiful array unfolding.

I know that feeling of wanting to yell and scream too.

Hopefully you felt better sharing this?

I am so in this whole butt kicking posse too!! Forever.

xo

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, thanks, you have no idea what I'm saving for later from that trip- haven't finished processing them yet, either- more not jpegs yet!
Going there helped me not explode n ruin things- sharing helps too- tho I usually try not to share my worst down times- This week tested me on short patience-
Thanks, you get the tar n feathers...

 
At 12:11 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

I shure hopping yoo wil hav yor dreems coming true. I not happee wen my good frend is not happee.

butt yoo do taek magniffisent fotos.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

my jannie nott sharing she sadniss sumtimes eeder. Butt frends is alweys gud to help share the guds and the badd.

wel, gotta go now and see a man about a horsie. ( that my jok about taeking a pee. hee hee)

xoxo

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

BB, thanks. you can cheer up without me, I don't mind.

BB, Thanks for being a good blog friend. Good luck with the horse.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

hi have not been hear in a while if you have a min go read the post I put in lost brother at 12 1/2 Rocko he went over the rainbow...
so now there are just me & Lucy to watch over "Pal". he stay'd home from work a few days he did't eat at all.. He had a snack today...ok good lookin going to go get under the blankets,as he will be home soon,I will be sure to tell hih you were not felling good...Love & Licks Your Doxie Buddy

 
At 3:45 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Buddy, just saw your comment here- I went n read your blog yesterday, n left some comments.
Sorry about Rocko. I always liked Spot. I'm sure you n Lucy will really miss your big brother.
I hope Pal is feeling better n eating more soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home