Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Outside Folk

Photo by Snaggletooth 2010 .
.
.

My little friend, Grey Fluffy, finally posed on a branch right outside the open window for me so I could get her pic. Everyday she waits for my late-afternoon, chopped, leftover bready-goods from work. I've been trying to get a decent, non-blurred shot of her for years now- This is the best I've ever done, n the light was good too.
.
Photo by Snaggletooth 2010

.


Out front every day I see MapleBeard. In the snow, you can pick out the ancient face n uplifted arms that inspired me to name the large tree. He's eating some snow here- This year mushrooms grew in the mouth hole-hollow. I'm sure the little Titmouse birds are living in there this winter, tho I don't get up early enough to see them often. Glad I don't live out there with them in this cold...

9 Comments:

At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

What great names you have bestowed upon your furry and tree friends. It is nice of you to feed Grey Fluffy.

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Looks like Grey Fluffy is totally enjoying her goodies! Great shot!

Maplebeard looks majestic and wise.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Thomma Lyn said...

What a delightful post! So nice to meet Grey Fluffy. She is beautiful! And oh my goodness, Maplebeard -- what a wonderful fellow to have around. :)

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Grey doesn't remember a time in her life I haven't helped out in the cold weather. She's at least the fourth generation in a row now.

Talon, Thanks- you know I had to think of you n your great squirrel pics! Your cam's better too- oh someday I'll get more megapixels! Of Course MapleBeard can be tempermental in storms sometimes- n has been hacked up by woodpeckers in sections.

ThommaLyn, I bet she'd like you too. of course, her idea of foraging is making noise on the deck to awaken me- then there's her three brothers who're very rambuncious n fight all day. I've known Maplebeard since the '80s. He's gotten alot fatter.

 
At 6:20 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

still got the video of the mama squirrel teaching her babies how to eat out of the squirrel proof birdfeeder?? that was a sight! lol!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

i so glads i dont living in a cold tree, too. my jannie keeps this hous nice and worm.

xoxo

i luvs yor picshure sooooooo mutch!!

 
At 1:47 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, yep, Somewhere in a box- I forgot all about that! I got a real photo of the Nuthatch from just a few feet away in there too- too bad the scanner isin't working.

BB, Most bunnes live in burrows in the ground. Would be tough for you to climb up there. That tree actually has three holes for critters now.

 
At 6:06 AM, Blogger Bubba said...

Aww, that little squirrel is so cute! Greybeard is pretty cool too!

 
At 3:28 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Eric, Thanks for checking out my MapleBeard links. The squirrels have been fed my bread-type leftovers for many generations. Their idea of foraging is to pose in front of the window where I toss stuff out...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home