Thursday, January 07, 2010

Coast

Altered n original Photo by SnaggleTooth
.
.
.
A week into Twenty-Ten n I haven't done much yet. I'm using an altered December image, because all the new pics thus far aren't great, n were after dark. Don't think I've even taken ten clicks yet.
.
The downstairs neighbor folks have been away since Xmas with the exception of one day, so home's been nice n quiet how I like it, n I've had more uninterrupted sleep hours, which helps my mood improve considerably. If only I didn't have this head-pounding sinus infection I'd be having more fun. My free-time energy level is really lacking. At work of course, I haven't slowed down at all.
.
Finally today I hung the new calender up. Haven't really needed it yet.
.
Luckily the temperature here hasn't been as frozen as the Mid-West states are experiencing. I saw distressed Floridian orange growers freezing on the news today too. Darn, the price on oranges may be rising again. The low Temp in Orlando is the same as here today! Yippee, the next big storm will pass under my zone n miss us! Just a few flakes are expected on Friday. There's a relief... A week without shoveling is an improvement.
.
The new tallest 160-story building in Dubai had a grand-openning fireworks party this week on the fourth. I find it's design nifty n spectacular. According to the article linked, it isin't completed inside yet tho. It will even have the worlds highest Mosque. What a bold move to make in these tough times. I was impressed n applaude the effort. Of course those folks are in hock up to their eyeballs. (Who wouldn't want to go see that?)
.
I quietly made it over 600 posts on ESR this week. That last hundred just flew by.
So Far in Twenty-Ten, just coastin' along...

11 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

It has been so darn cold here - 18 degrees for my commute in every day, but only 24 today - downright balmy. We are not accustomed to this in the south, so we are alarmed by it. :) Snow tonight and it will put the city in gridlock tomorrow. They are already closing schools.

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love that building. We went to Dubai a couple of years ago and I have to say I loved the place. The buildings are amazing and the contrast of the western world influences with the muslin religion was fascinating to me. I'd love to go back again soon. In fact right now given all the snow we have here!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Congrats on 600 posts!

That is an incredible fireworks display!

I'm glad you're getting some solid rest and I hope the noisy neighbors stay away more frequently in 2010.

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

We were at 53 degrees F this morning when I got up now it's 45 and still dropping, expect 20 degrees F or less tonight with highs tomorrow low 30s...anyways we watched a show about that building last year and it was pretty neat. Here in Texas we that's one BAB (big a$$ building)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

what I was trying to say but lack the "word" to do it was...
we "say" that's one BAB (blah blah blah)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger flleenie said...

Speaking of cold Florida, it was 35 degrees this morning at my house. talk about cold! BBBRRR

 
At 12:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Wow- How weird it is for Georgia to have to deal with such freezing! All the poor souls who don't even have good coats n ways to stay warm. Hope the Fireplace keeps you warm enough n you don't run out of stuff to burn-

LLcoolJ, Lucky you have even been there?!! I do love the look of that architecture- England is snowed under too this week, eh? What a strange year we're having! Here tho- it's the normal thing-
Stay warm!

Talon, Thanks. Some rest is so welcome, but I can't wait until they go away for good- I shudder to think if they don't- I won't be able to tolerate it.

Paige, Wow- cold for the other side of the green curtain! Thought maybe it'd be a bit warmer there further west. You can put that a$$cream right out the window so it doesn't melt! BAB- great anagram!

Paige, Oooohh...

Fleenie, I bet all the snowbirds are grumbling bigtime too! I hope your some of your oranges got salvaged. Find all those blankies! Go get a little space heater or something! Wow- Let's hope you don't need a shovel! Stay warm! (I wonder if 'gators freeze?

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Yep ,a big chill has indeed descended, have 2flannel sheets, 2 fuzzy blankets and a thick quilt on -- and that's just to sit and eat dinner by!

Dubai-- is that the place that built that amazingly gorgeous resort out in the gulf, shaped like palm fronds? Did you see that? It was on Extreme Something -- Swimming Pools I think. Germany has a beer swimming pool, which is kinda gross if ya ask me.

Anyhoo, wasn't expecting to be up so early -- Peach was rattling her empty water bowl to say I needed to get up and fill it.

Yesterday I did brave the cold for a nice walk with the dogs, while lifting my new 3lb handweights to and fro, but mostly fro. Then... Came home to stretch and do 70 butt lifts on each side. Maybe today I'll get my 111 in on each side! It does feel great, tho to exercise. Bikini season is right around the corner!

xo

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

600?

I feel like such a newbie.

Let's hope you don't get socked with the winter storm that's supposed to be hitting here sometime today.

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Have you dug out mittens for Kelly yet?
Yes Dubai is building 2- palm resorts out in the Persian gulf. I read tho that alot of the building has halted due to the economy. Here's a 2006 article with pics
http://guide.theemiratesnetwork.com
/living/dubai/the_palm_islands.php
I wonder what happened in the tsumami there-?
So if someone dunks you in the Beer Swimming pool, you get loaded! I never wear a bikini (2-piece) without a t-shirt over it. Think I'd need more than 100, maybe more like 1000!
Good for you getting out to burn energy in the cold. Looks like your Canadian BG is coming in handy to deal with the chill.

G, We were so lucky today- guess your wish worked! We had some flurries, but the snow didn't stick n melted off the roads! yay- Hope CT faired as well-

 
At 2:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

btw, I had to put a line break before the slash in that url cause all of it wouldn't show up in the comment post

 

Post a Comment

<< Home