Saturday, January 02, 2010

Slippery

Image by SnaggleTooth 2010 .
.
.
The Northeastern USA is undergoing a snow storm several days for the New Year. Accummulation hasn't been alot as before, but the flakes aren't slated to stop falling for another day, n driving is fairly slick.
.
I'm already weary of shoveling, cleaning fluff, n scraping ice off of Little Truck for every single ride. (On the way to errands, after coming out of each store...). It's become very time consuming. I wasn't done with snow removal in time to get any daylight pics today. Altho reportedly, there's more light minutes going into each day, I really haven't noticed. I'm still coming n going in the dark. Light fades quickly under the overcast in the late afternoon.
.
So far this year I've practiced alot of Day Off errand-avoidance-contingency plans, due to taking fewer chances in the slippery driving conditions. I paid money to a machine for tire air, instead of trekking across town for the free compressor. I bought the incorrect organic peanut butter, instead of the further away kind with palm oil in it. This one will require alot more stirring in order to make work lunch this week.
.
Also, I've experienced some super-clutzy moments without even drinking any alchohol this holiday. Not seeing well in the darkness, n my seasonal sinus infection likely has something to do with it, affecting my balance. Then the icy, slippery stuff helps too.
.
One pair of reading glasses has disappeared out in the snow along the way somewhere. My preferred reading glasses for work broke clean in half at the nose-piece, n I had to wear the incorrect strength for being able to walk n see all night. Before work yesterday, I dumped over my travel mug of tea on the truck seat while gettin in. Last night, a just washed, large, glass measuring cup slipped off the counter n shattered all over the place. Enough extra pick-ups already! Really, I've enough chores to do as it is.
.
image by SnaggleTooth 2010
.
Time to slow down n take my time to do things more carefully, but even now on Day Off I'm pressed to do too many things in too limited time. I get stressed when I don't accomplish what I'd like, because it adds to the backlog list looming over my shoulder.
.
Regardless, I've decided this year I'll try to sleep more, because I really need to. So I'm taking my time getting up on free days for awhile, unless there's a compelling reason to push it. I've missed far too much sleep doing this night job the past three n a half years.
.
The only other New Year resolve I claim, is (as always), "I Will do my best." -To "what" is the question- shovel n drop things? Off to more joyfull chores- mmm... Laundry...
.

17 Comments:

At 1:12 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

bundle up, honey

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I've got so many layers on, even in the house. Outside I always wear ear-protector band, scarf, n hood. thanks

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I feel for you having to shovel snow and ice off everything. It is beautiful to me because I never see it, but I am certain that it gets tiresome.

It never got out of the 20s here yesterday. Brrrr. We are not used to it, but it made for lots of good fireplace time. Back to work tomorrow.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Organic/natural peanut butter is the only kind I can eat. Great stuff but way too much mixing involved.

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger TALON said...

What more could you ask of yourself but to do your best? It sure is pretty to look at, but it would be great if we didn't have to actual deal with!

Hope you get plenty of zzz's in 2010, Snaggle. Sleep is something we tend to push back to last on the endless "to do" list, but it's so important to our health.

 
At 3:10 PM, Blogger ... Paige said...

I hope you did not catch my good luck cootie...nah I don't belive in that stuff

Sleep in warmth and comfort, rest is something we all take for granted way too often

 
At 2:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. Yes, it is very beautiful for a change of scenery, but I'd like more time without chores involved... Wow, that's so cold for down south! Good thing you have a fireplace to stay warm- It snowed during work tonight also.

G, I do love the taste n nutrition of the organic type. But added palm oil, then refrigerated saves alot of time when I'm rushing to work. Not snowing there, eh?

Talon, I'm a bit of a workaholic sometimes, n work with so many lazy folks it's ridiculuos- Lazy I am not- but constant shoveling plus the active physical labor is a bit much every day! Snow without driving anywhere is great, as is some one else to clean it up! Sleep has always been important in my sleep-challenged life. I hope so to.

Paige, There is a very nasty bug going around at work- I've avoided it so far- I will not lend anyone my pen, pencils, or marker- I've been so paraniod! ope you feel alot better soon! Thankyou- Why have I always put sleep last? Working nights makes it even worse!

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Dear Snaggle,

So you wear reading glasses too, eh? Amazingly I know where 1 of my 2 pairs actually is! I'm a 1.25. And you??

On errands I'd day do the absolute minimum and take some restful time for yourself above all else, talons is right, we so need it for our sleep.

What brand of p.b. do you like?

xo

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

talons?

maybe i need those glasses on right now!!

xo

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

peenits is something i like too in butter. all natcheril, like yoo lieks.

butt i not waring reeding glasses. yet.

xoxoxoxo

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Been using them for years now. I wear weaker ones to walk around with, n stronger to sit down n read. I've been thru so many pairs of cheapo ones I can't count. I have more 6 pairs, but not the walking ones- I go from 2.50 to 3.25 this year.
I can't always afford to spend more all the time tho- I think I should not blog read a few days a week...
MaraNartha No Stir Smooth...mmm Available at Shaws.

Jannie, I'm always keying in the dark here, no lights on- so I know the feeling! I use weak glasses for the puter too. I've made a few Doozies this week already- getting more Rypos rounded up.

BB, I wish I could still chew peanuts! They make almond butter too- yum. But it doesn't go as good with my bananas in a sandwich.

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Ching Ya said...

So the snow is still going on? I wonder how long will it last? Hopefully you'll be able to rest well and have all the sleep you need in this new year. Talon said it all, may all workaholics hear that. :-)

Have a fruitful year!

@wchingya
Social/Blogging Tracker

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

ChingYa, Welcome to ESR comments. The snow written about lasted over 3 days! It cleared up an entire day, n now here's more snow again the next few- from the same storm out at sea in the North Atlantic. My schedule is very bad for sleep- Yes Talon is very wise- Thanks

 
At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

MaraNartha No Stir Smooth

A Massachusetts brand?

xo

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, It's 25 yr old company, made in small batches. Manufactured in Melvelle NY. call 1 800-749-0730 or www maranarthafoods dot com
(Great, now I'm a commercial!)

 
At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

snow, almost everywhere during holiday seasons,

very pretty photos,
very cool air,
safe drive.

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JingleYQ, Welcome to ESR comments! Just before xmas almost 2 feet- see below. Glad you enjoyed my images. Hope you're staying warm- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home