Wednesday, March 05, 2014

See Bird

Image by SnaggleTooth 2014


What a weird looking thing this came out to be! I see an angry sea gull facing forward, submerged to the neck. When we refer to "Seagulls" in this neck of the Cape, folks here are talking about tourists, usually. Travel to the tropics is up, what a surprise- The Bahamas are looking real good from New England about now.

I'll need alot more sunset therapy to get thru this week of polar doldrums... it is SO COLD yet again.


Photo by SnaggleTooth 2011There's so much I have to get done, but feel so little motivation under these conditions. I'm very itching to jack up the heat, but can't run up the electric bill which is already sky high. So here I am in my customary 3-layers of house clothes while cooking n washing laundry to keep warm. 

Maybe next week will be better for walking. I decided to skip the Post Office until it's above 25F. Guess movies n book reading are on the docket until I can build up more Day Off steam... I boiled chicken soup for hours which did warm me up n tasted really good.

Guess it's not such a big waste to rest up before really getting into projects, I'm so run down. Lately I've been feeling more like the seagull I found than the peaceful reflections. I need to recharge-
Back to more hot water bottles, tea, n blankets.
(Pic Aug 30 2011, after Hurricane Irene)

10 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I can't imagine having to live with that much cold and snow all the time - so sorry you have to go through so much discomfort, Snaggle. My friend Enid moved to Cape Cod in December and reports that she has to shovel snow for one hour so she can get to the mailbox.

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent and I am giving up WINTER!!!

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Cabin fever can really hurt both physical and mental health. Keep up your spirit. Spring is finally on the way.

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, this is the toughest season I can recall- just relentless! n for the South too! There's no delivery here- I have to wade thru the ice up there to the village center. The bills will wait, I hope! Thanks- Poor Enid, it is usually so mild here, but all normal is OFF this year.

Gran Annie, May angels carry your message of sacrifice n grant favor to the Creator's attention! Still., I wonder if Earth's weather is stuck on Auto-pilot...

Tabor, My mental health is stuck on "Fed Up" this week! I should be sprucing this place up right now- but it's just a case of I don't feel like it. We're in the single digits tonight again, btw- N the clock Spring Ahead One Hour is this week-end. Good encouragement here, thanks!

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

It's sooo cold out my way too. We *still* have about a foot of snow cover, not included the snow banks, and we haven't had any accumulating snow in a few WEEKS!. My car was a bit sluggish this morning as i didn't get to warming it up before dropping off the rugrats at school. It felt fairly warm, then the radio guy (from a staion in town) said it was 0 degrees. fml when I think that a sunny 0 degree day is WARM. 30 to me right now is heavenly where I can walk around outside in a t-shirt with no coat (Mom, you didn't hear this) and *maybe* just a hoodie. The boys start baseball on the 25th. Will there still be a foot on snow on the ground? I bloody hope not!
Read about my latest laughable parenting thing

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, Yep, 20's is feeling good here too! Most is melted here this week, except piles n my North-West yard of course. I hope the snow quits very soon! Mud may not be alot of laundry fun this spring for you- Yay, you posted! C it soon-

 
At 7:04 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I hope things warm up for you soon, I feel so tired and run down too. We haven't had the cold but the constant storms here have been tiresome in a different way. The last few days have really been spring like here and it's been wonderful. I actually talked to one of our neighbours who I haven't seen for months as we've all been tucked away indoors or in our cars.

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, we just had a whole day of 40's, n are now heading back to 20F's n a new storm in a few days- hoping it rains. Here we call that "Cabin Fever" when you stay in so long. I hope Spring perks us up a bit very soon-

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thankfully here in Indiana, we are gonna have 50 degree weather again...but fully relate to being fed up with winter

 
At 4:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Chris B, I guess you've had a heck of an icy season too- We're getting our 4th blizzard this year today!
We definitely deserve our 50F !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home