Monday, July 16, 2012

Yellow n Orange

 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012









 Pics were all taken on a recent walk around the village while picking-up the mail. 







These beautiful, large Lillies peeked thru the chain link fence on my way uptown. I had a pink Lilly out on the deck last week, saved in a pot which never bloomed last year, but the pic wasn't great.






Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012

Most of the time my pics on ESR make it appear like a rural uncrowded olace, but that's only because I intentionally leave out the clutter of civilization around the subjects. This large planter of marigolds near the Post office is an example.









 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012




Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012
 These Tiger Lillies I transplanted next to Maplebeard out front several years ago. The sunlight detailed them perfectly for the pic. I spied them as I was approaching home from the opposite direction. 


Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012
 I'm starting to get Trumpet Flowers out in the side-yard now. Many of the vines came down in last September's Hurricane Irene. I'm hoping the one in a deck container may bloom for the first time finally. It was transplanted the same year as the Vincia about a dozen years ago

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012

I do take quite a few plant pics, but my cam doesn't like close-ups, n often blossoms definition n detail gets very washed out. These came out ok for such bright colors for a change. Then I changed them anyway...

4 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Such a nice looking village and the flowers are lovely. I love tiger lilies.

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, The July blossoms are out in force, despite the glaring heat this week. Those light yellow kind I've never seen before. The background tree is on a bluff hill next to the pier. That shown section of my village was actually used as a movie set last week. Thanks.

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am pretty sure your last picture is a naked King of Spades:)

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I think the bearded guy in the Jester hat is kinda cute, but thought there was a second surprized dude instead of the bare parts you see ... Hmmmm I wouldn't've noticed!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home