Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Surprizes

Image by SnaggleTooth 2012


Today is forecast to be really hot with air quality warnings. We haven't had a really hot day here since last August. I took a nap, got up to do some things in the early morning, now I'll close-up the house, turn the fans on, n sleep thru most of it. Maybe I'll go toe-dipping later...


Cropped pic is from below,
also seen in May's Post I Spied.














A surprise package was received recently containing a reconditioned desktop computer. I'll have to spend some time cleaning out the computer zone for space here, n the floor wire-power area is full of dust-bunnies again. I'm not sure what the specs are until I can get it set-up, but it should keep me busy awhile, plus has a dvd player-yay!

Recently I commented at Tabors blog about how what sprouts from my container garden out on the deck always surprizes me. This year I got a beautiful Viola going strong, n several Shasta Daisiy surprizes- one in the middle of beets,  from seeds planted years ago that had never sprouted. Some of the old container soil gets recycled n replenished with new components in the spring when preparing for the new planting.

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2012
The original to the altered image
showing the Viola plant upper left of center.
Pic taken in May, also shows
Inpatien seedlings, beets, Coral-eyed Phlox,
n Dianthus Starlette, a Mom's Day gift.


Today I had time to go thru the old (huge) seed packet pile. I found out the years I'd planted them were 1996 n 1997, 16 n 15 years ago- that's amazing! Why they decided to grow now, a complete mystery...




12 Comments:

At 11:17 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Your flowers are lovely! And do you know who sent the computer to you or was it sent anonymously? What an angel!

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks- I wish I had a macro cam setting to take the flower pics. I know that "Fleenie" from "Poof FL" in my sidebar found it n sent it to me. (I know her very well in real life). That's what she meant during last week's call when she said "Surprise! You'll understand in 10 days-"

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Fleenie is a great friend - I'm excited for you that you will get to surf the 'net faster.

 
At 6:49 AM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Let's hope that the air-quality out your way is way better than the air quality here.

And congrats on the new computer. Now you can be a somebody again. :D

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I love what I call "surprise" gardening. That's so cool about the viola and the daisies. And how amazing about the computer. You'll have fun getting that all fired up, Snaggle!

We're in the middle of crazy heat wave (day four) and I can't wait for it to be over. It's like August instead of June. I hope the whole summer isn't going to be this intense!

Hope you stay cool, Snaggle, and get some toe-dipping in :)

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I don't have a modem for it yet, but it will be faster with 84Gb C:drive. Hope I figure it out soon- need to register Windows n get a driver for the dvd too! My play time now is too limited in busy season here- Thanks. At least it won't keep crashinh-


G, didn't I see folks in CT on the news closing schools n businesses for the health alert? My lungs are terrible right now- so achy! Well, I'll still be a slow somebody for awhile if I end up still using the dail-up!

Talon, I couldn't believe it had ben so many years ago- had assuned about 5. I always hope the prev years wull come right up- but lately they don't. I do have a 2-year-ago deep blue Pansy thet is blooming away too. Want the Petunias back! Planted some slow-growers
The heat is killing me here too! I hope it breaks for us soon!

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Erica B said...

how are you holding up with the heat?? I had to do field work on the first day, and it was brutal! I even got the privilege of sitting in traffic for an hour during our attempt to beat the heat, and it failed lol...

hang in there, cooler weather will be here soon! Awesome of E to send a computer!!

 
At 4:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I'm MELTING~ at work especially. I've been pretty sick with the allergies too. Doesn't your car have ac? I really miss it in Little Truck- wish I had the money to fix it. The Puter is good, just need a way to get online n virus protection. Hope the boys are getting in some good water fun.

 
At 12:34 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Wow I wish I had surprise flowers coming from our pots like that. All we get are weeds. :D

Good news about the new computer too!

 
At 3:57 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, This week I found a free blue pansy in the middle of the lawn to dig out too! This year I really don't have garden money, so all surprises are very appreciated!
Can't wait to be online with that PC. Still moving stuff from this one, n hooking up Monitor back n forth there. I hope more fun surprises soon find you! Thanks

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Your flowers are GORGEOUS. Johnny jump ups always make me smile. I think those are them, right?

And YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!! A computer angel came through, whoohoo. is it working? You had time to get it sorted out, and such? I hope you will reveal more on that to us when you know more!

xoxo

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Never heard them called Johnny-Jump-ups! the packet says "Violas" like almost violets. I had to transplant that again- now really big! Computer works but need an ethernet type connection don't have here yet-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home