Tuesday, February 20, 2007

FebBbrrhhhFreeze

Been sooo freezin here!

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007


In the teens with gusty winds here by the water. Wind-chills sub-Z again. Tried to get outside awhile on this day off, n after mailing some bills out, took ten minutes to feel the hands again after returning to the wonderful warmth of the truck-cab heat.
...
Alot of bad stuff in the snowy Mountain zones of the country have been happenin this week. Mount Hood UT, climbers n snow-mobiler stranded folks rescued, avalanched young skiiers dead, every one is out on the winter-sport tack- Quick, while the gettin' is good!
...
Winter took so long to show up here, but it came in deep n viscious with the jaws locked on. Still waiting for this pit-bull to let go, n haven't even gotten the snowfall here. Well, I've been saved shoveling at least!
...
A friend at work got a truck to earn plow money from the state with in order to pay for it, but they haven't made a dime!
Retailers who stocked the usual winter nessecities are taking a sales hit also.
...
February's always a tough month for me economically also. Time to make due with a four paycheck month, same as the fiver costs... Never mind the Seasonal Affective Dissorder with the loss of daylight, n the mile-marker left by the death of my Father sixteen years back.
...
For a whole day my TV remote would not work. Batteries replaced, guts cleaned, nothing, nothing.... the next day fully functional again. Thanks, Dad, for the visit on your anniversary!
Had the worst, most tiring week at work, too! Now never falling asleep when I should, not wanting too. Getting 4 hours, then working, do it again.
...
Been on the edge of my seat waiting for that announcement from MB anytime now for weeks. When will Baby L be popping out? This may make the brightest part of this coldest month for me.
...
It's off to work early again, n up way too late as usual. Waitin for the next single off day. I never feel recovered without two.
I'll be cookin at the factory.
Enjoy any warth you can find folks!

5 Comments:

At 7:31 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Why those climbers even try in this kind of weather is beyond me. They're lucky they weren't dead when they found them.

As for the weather, it's actually in the mid 40's here in Philly this week. A lit bit of chill in the hour but much better than last week.

As for eCONomy issues, it sucks all around. Get a little bit of hope, fall down the ladder, get a little bit ahead, rug pulled out from under ya.

My unemployment ended this week, so I'm on my own now. All the unemployment office could say is "Go apply for social service's" (Welfare)

Um, no, I don't think so, I'm going to find out how long it takes to evict here in PA and then watch my back.

Stay warm.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

i worked in a t shirt today - until after 3 oclock, it was heaven

 
At 3:05 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Outside of snow-balls n snow men, I'm not big on winter sport thrills, due to the dangers. Talk about stupid, local kids set a fire on pond ice the other night, n watched it while the ice melted they were standing on...
Today was finally OK Temp here.
Chutes n ladders! I have a story on toasty things today, but beta is after me again-

David, You are a lucky guy! Today here I didn't need all the layers first time all month!

 
At 12:03 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Ooooo, I do like the look of that ice on those rocks. I burned 30 calories just comtemplating the shiveryness and danger of it all.

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I probably burned 500 just to climb up n get that shot. It was a throw-away cam, no zoom.
This shot Reminds me of Antartica-
(Felt like it too)!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home