Thursday, February 08, 2007

Pequenos Barcos a Remos

Photo by SnaggleTooth




I thought it was cold here when I clicked this one next to a playground a couple weeks back. After two weeks of our Artic-special, I can't wait for 30F again...
...
Maybe I'll wake-up early enough to go down n see the ice at the boat ramp, now that we're back in the 20F's. It's been too cold to even consider going out for fun, (12F this am), but the ice has been building up out there in the absence of snow. Sea-water is about 32 percent saline, n so freezes at a much lower Temp than fresh-water.
...
After six long days in a row of constant movement at work, I'm more than ready to kick back n try to watch that Super-bowl tape. Still got ton's of errands, forms, n chores lined up, tho- wish I had more energy to accompany the time.
...
I've been spending some energy looking up n trying to remember more Portugese, which helps me out with work amigos. Hence this post title, "Little Row-Boats."

8 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Time to whip out the ice skates :)

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, One day soon you'll see the sea-ice pics I took today. I sold my skates for 10 bux...Darn!

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Hey look at NY, what they just got pounded with 140+ inches of snow. Man, nature layed the smack down on them....

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, ya, that's awesome til ya figure out the lost income from missing 2 weeks of work! I don't envy that shoveling one bit!
-Redfield, NY 12'2"

Nor'Easter predicted here next two days... may be rain here

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

And this was every reason why I finally took the step to move south. Snow shoveling is not for me, and I was tired of wearing all those layers of clothing right down to the boots. We are lucky to only get the arctic cold breeze in here and there, yet it still raises up to the 60's somedays.
Not so good today though, as it is cold and rainy. I am grateful that I made it home to the office before the rains came in to make it thoroughly miserable.

I love your pictures! They are taken with a good eye for content and contrast.... and really think you could put together a great book on your observations.

Good luck on the Portugese learning... it's nice that you are making the effort to converse with your workmates. Although I'll bet they are learning a lot from you as well.

Take care, sweetie!

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Ellen, So far a couple flakes here, but zero accumulation overnight so far. In the 20's here, warm compared to the sub-Z we've been doing.
Thanks for your kind compliments about my Photo's... I can design books n have a program to do it. I've a few anthologies in mind with poems, although I'm bummin because I have to re-install my best fonts, the scanner isin't working, n I can't print anything either!
Time to work on it would be golden...
I need luck getting people to understand n listen at work. "Wait" may be the most important thing I learned so far!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Sending champagne hugs and kisses for a happy heart day!

 
At 3:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks Ellen, Happy Vals 2U2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home