Thursday, February 01, 2007

Sand n Seaweed

Photo by Snaggletooth 2007


Life is a beach, at low tide, covered with
seaweed, in the winter!

...
A little low-angle sun goes a long way to brighten up the wave-sculptured dunes.
...
...
It's been really quiet around here, maybe a bit too quiet. I finally visited some one outside of work or store errands, for the first time since before Xmas! Pretty sad... (Good thing I like quiet).
...
All work n no play leaves much to be desired. Only one day off again, barely enough time for me to be recovered n do a little bit of catch-up. The day's almost gone already, n I'll be up all night trying to get needed stuff accomplished. This is my fun time, right here.
I really should be getting to those joyful tax instructions instead... (yuc)! So much work for getting so little back, if anything. Let's just say I really miss having dependents sometimes.
...
A strange weather day we're having... because it's normal. I can take the 30's F- seems so warm to me compared to the last few weeks. No hat needed today. I keep waiting for icy water out the window, but it keeps melting.
...
I have to work all week-end, thru Superbowl Sunday. I had a heckova time finding blank VHS cassettes for sale to tape the game. Only one spot in town has them.
...
I don't want to miss those cool commercials! I've been studying them n their effects for decades. It's amazing to see the companies which never make it even a year later, with all the losses, closings, law-suits, n hostile buyouts-sell-offs.
...
I don't know about your towns, but in mine, not one company is hiring new people. (Not even McD's)! Most folks I chat with are getting hours cut back, n need a second job they can't find yet.
...
Were I a truck driver, tho- I'd have it made... Unless I was making deliveries around BeanTown where all the bridges got closed down yesterday due to "suspicious devices " planted all over public ways. Turns out that was just one more very expensive advertizing spoof, funny enough, for the Cartoon network, n just before Superbowl Sunday...
...
... A lit-up character, giving the finger- I wonder how much that one will cost, as opposed to the 2-mill-30-second spots. Or will it generate more than it pays in fines for the Bomb-squad service?
...
Just a little light...
"For much wood, a little fire suffices."
... -wise saying from the Orient

12 Comments:

At 5:00 AM, Blogger Melody said...

Hi! I've just popped in via Mike's site - mainly because of your title - Snaggle tooth! Yay! I have snaggle teeth too! *giggle giggle*

What a wonderful photo you have posted at the angle. really brings out the shadows...

Nothing worse than a boring, bored town... *been there, done that*

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Melody, welcome! Cute avitar ya got there! Glad ya enjoyed my pictoral offering.
This place is a bit scitzo, it gets pretty wild in the summer with a tripled population.
I grew up near "Beantown," (Boston), n that was a bit too exciting for me...

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Really "Cool" picture.

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

sweet

 
At 2:43 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Those "Signs," were a PR stunt as I'm sure you've heard by now. Turner will be paying about half a million to make that marketing mistake go away.

You'd think that they'd figure out what a B*mb looks like by now. Geez.

Sucks that you'll miss the superbowl in real time. Good luck with the VHS blank.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

SkyBL2U, Thanks! I chose it for now because of the bowl-like formation in the sand.

David, Thanks- like sugar!

Neo, Ya, I mentioned they were ads right before the superbowl which would cost less that the tv ads (in other words).
But since Boston screwed up with the 2 planes on 911, they now have zero tolerarance for anything that "may be" a threat- They can't screw up again! If the things weren't under bridges they wouldn't be in trouble-

I'll be hitting the record button n leaving for work in 10 minutes-

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - That was an ugly ugly game. I've never seen so many turnovers in my life!

The commericals were ok, but prince's halftime show was amazing.

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I'm a bit bummed about the sound quality of my SB video- due to having to use SLP mode, the first time I wasn't home to put in the second tape-
I'm still watching it, little at a time until a day off- 2 more days away...
Thanks for the half-time review!

 
At 3:09 AM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Hey Snags -
You must be busy! Just stopped by to see what's up in your neck of the woods. Take care and don't work to hard,

Mike

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Mike, ya I've been tied up awhile, not much read time. Hands n feet already blistered... Thanks for stopping in!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Told ya, that Prince halftime show rocked!

Peace,

- Neo

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Would ya believe I stopped the tape right before the half-time show- to pass out... that's next on the watch-list soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home