Friday, January 26, 2007

Staying Warm

We finally get some cold air, n it's record-breaking extreme, well below freezing-temp air!
Some how, I'm not a bit surprized... I've officially learned to expect the most unusual weather unpredictable!
...
Two pants, two pairs of socks, five shirts (one is lined), are keeping me comfy inside the house today. It's toasty in this chair, with Mischief cuddling up to me n the bottles filled with hot kettle water in the corners. Outdoors, polar fleece is the only way to go- (Thanks again for making me that scarf, MB)!
...
I wonder if the ice has re-formed in the Artic Sea yet so the polar bears are happy feeding...

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007












Stay warm

... with warm thoughts of:

... warring factions deciding on peace, not death
... realistic, down-to-earth leaders coming soon in the USA
... lifting hard-working folks up to a better paying job above poverty
... hitting a large prize in the lottery n quiting that tough job
... Working to make yourself rich instead of the share-holders of some huge corporation
... having the ability to help everyone deemed worthy (to me, this is the warmest thought)
...
Sending positive, warm thoughts forward, presenting them to the universal energies, to assist them to happen, n leave the cold ineffectual...

14 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

they said it's so cold outtoday that with teh wind chill it'll feel like -25 or soemthing. that doesn't sound too good at all!

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Hey girlfriend! Is this the stuff you wanted? Have a great weekend, it's good to know that you are feeling better. Take care now, love ya, Skye:)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, It's truelly brutal! I wore 7 layers outside to do errands, n still was cold! Hope you aren't out long with Evan in this flash-freezer...

SkyBL2U, I guess I shouldn't complain too loud cause I did ask for winter... (n knew I should be careful what I ask for- cause I got it)!
But mostly I wanted some snow, which it's too cold to be moist enough to produce right now!
I am much better than I was, though still eating soup, cause of the sinus infection which lingers on in the dryness). Thanks!

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I love your "warm thoughts", and share your sentiments. The world would seem a bit less colder if all people thought the same things you stated.

Sorry to hear you've gotten winter to hit you full in the face there. We still have no snow, and don't expect any at this point.... but you never know. Actually, it's been a bit colder, but still nothing like I had expected for this time of year. We are supposed to get a freeze (cough, cough) tonight. Figures I have to work a party....I hate loading a van in the cold.

Stay warm and keep the kettle going.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I'm glad you appreciated my warm thoughts idea.
I figured you must have tons of business keeping you busy. I hope your flowers are spared the freeze. We're up to a toasty 21 F today!
The kettle has been working OT this week!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Thanks for the warm thoughts, I am dressed in more layers than my mom's lasagna and camping next to my little heater myself.

The Lotto one is definatly a warm thought :)

(Thanks for visiting, sorry to be so slow on coming by myself.)

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, Lasagne layers, what a visual! I'm glad you made it over.
An 84-yr-old won the powerball game this week!
Without the good thoughts, it's really cold!

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger X said...

I stay warm with hot coco and thoughts of Jamaica. I've never been, but damn it sounds good right about now!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger honkeie said...

you have to wear that much inside...what do u wear when u got outside?

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

K, Hey Mon, it does sound good! I love hot chocolate after shoveling- Thanks for adding your warm thoughts... I'm pretty surprized ya didn't mention Jack Handy...

Honk, about 2 more layers, Large flannel shirt inside the hooded jacket, knit-ear-tube, hat, gloves, heavy shoes. It's been p@$*&#(%^ cold! Welcome to my comments, thanks!

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

you dress Like I do... hehe
we got just a smidge,
maybe more tonight
i posted a better piece,
I thank you for your comments and your friendship. I would love to see cape cod someday, do you mind if I visit during the summer?

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, we didn't get the accumulated snow they predicted...rats! you're welcome, n I'll be over soon.
Do you remember how much I enjoy the tourist flocks? But summer is the best time to see it- I just avoid crowds! I don't mind visitors.

 
At 1:45 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Freezin' in Philly today.

As for world peace? No cash profit there. But it's nice to wish.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, Yep, if we could get peace to be profitable we'd get there much quicker. Actually, this war is way more expensive than the gov ever dreamed- I bet!
Stay warm!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home