Friday, January 19, 2007

Healing

Photo by SnaggleTooth


The Place with the blue open flag was transplanted uptown into my small village from elsewhere a few years back. So many sharp victorian angles in such a crowded area make an interesting architectural location for shops. This was taken the week before Xmas when it was a toasty 60 degrees F. (Notice the decoration on the lamp-post).
...
I've finally cleared up most of my sinus discomfort of the past week, just today.
I'd raise the flag, but I'm too pooped!
...
I'd lost my voice for a few days, n couldn't even answer phone calls. At work it was very inconvenient trying to get loud people to listen to me n I relied on people close by relaying whispered messages.
I had to go outdoors on that one very frigid day here of zero windchill, 13 degrees F. deep-freeze. I wore layers n layers, but still, my lips got so chapped they're now still painfully crackling with scabs from being freeze-dried...
...
I'm thankful some of my aloe vera plants survived this year, put into use to naturally sooth my raw lips n nose. I got the original plant from my mother's neighbor in the early '80s. Now only a few of the twenty+ I once had propagated from it are left. Over the years they've helped heal up many hurtful burns, sunburns, n skin abrasions. For me these plants are necessary household equiptment.
...
All the things which got put on hold have not begun to clear-up, tho-. Mail to be read, bills to be paid, no chores completed, some left in a half-way state that normally would drive me nuts. The frig needs cleaning, cause I couldn't eat the food in so long. There's stuff to go into a box just sitting there next to the box...
...
But am I getting back to all that? Of course not, I'd much rather write a few things, like my blog. It's been too long since I've felt this comfortable to do anything. It is a day off, after all, n I can finally breath or even bend-down (without gushing forth) if I need to.
...
I made it outside during daylight n walked up the hill inside the woods for a few moments. I had to go deliver a payment across town n made an excuse to sidetrack to my fav beach for sunset. It was 30 degrees F. out, with a gusty windchill in the 20's, at low tide.
I love the deserted beach this way. Even one other person somehow feels intrusive to me. I tried to ignore the two other folks with the same idea. I walked over the huge piles of washed up red n green seaweeds with attached shells to the wet sand zone n kept company with the gulls awhile.
...
A bit cold, but so beautiful a setting... It's my method for celebrating my life. A way I thank the Creator for allowing me to be here, n for healing me once again. These surroundings comfort my spirit, even in the harshest wind, in a way man-made places never have...

7 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

i remember when they transplanted that building uptown, and put it up on stilts so they could build the storefront space underneath. it's amazing the transformation my little homevillage went through the past 20 years. it was a bit sketchy when we moved there when i was little (atleast soem areas were) and then it seems like the place turned around over night and became the hottest destinatin in town.... besides the resident only beach with warm water and great waves!

glad to hear your feeling better! by the sounds of it, you had a really nice day yesterday. enjoy it while you can!

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, the day was pretty good compared to how I've been, but I'm still not 100%, n it was cold n windy. Cold now too-
Uptown's def a lot classier than it used to be. Even the Blues Cafe is a step up from the dives that used to proliferate. Won't know if my LHbeach pics will come out for a awhile-
Then work got my sched all screwy this week, just got home today- so tired already, only 1 day back- ugh!! Did get some chores done tho...
have a good week

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Good to hear that your feeling better. Take it slowly for awhile, the chores will still be there. :)

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

SkBL2U, Ya I'm gettin better, slower than I'd like, but no longer out of commission. I'm slowly getting chores out of the way, n there's plenty piled up!
I wish they'd go away by themselves!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Blasted chores..... why can't they just take care of themselves????

Also glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I'm sure the weather doesn't make it easier to get better.... and I hear you have some pretty low temps heading your way still. Stay warm!

I love the sharp Victorian angles on buildings as they give a warm appeal about them. I was never one to like the modern look... they reeked of being cold and indifferent buildings. Glad to see that your village is upgrading to a better look.... although I always thought it had that appeal about it in the first place.

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Good to hear you're doing better. The way the weather's been I'm surprised more people are falling down with pnemonia.

I've been staying in as much as possible. Not that I really have a need to go outside for much of anything.

We finally got some snow here in the last couple of days. Just a 0.3 of in a inch, but it makes it feel like winter hasn't skipped us.

I agree with Sky, relax (as much as possible) until your 100%.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

I was here earlier, but blogger got hungry n ate it, then hic-cipped...

Ellen, I think I need help from "Rosie" the robot on the Jetsons...
I grew up in a Victorian house. There's another transplant building beside that one wth a double-peak >> I'l get a pic later.
Uptown here is getting so classy lately you wouldn't recognize it- they've made a big effort!

Neo, I'm not all here yet, cookin more garlic-chix again! Alot of folks at work got that pnue- I was very fortunate not to get any lung symptoms!
Going outdoors works like a charm to remind me how much warmer it is in here than out there! TG for the hot-water-bottles!
We got snow too! See new post-
I wish I could relax! If I only had paid sick time-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home