Thursday, November 30, 2006

Where's the Train?



...
You'd never guess this scene exists behind Main street in my Town's Center unless you choose the rear Parking lot which allows you to bypass the traffic. The saltmarsh estuary is home to swans n many other migratory sea-birds. By the train tracks is a great place to hang out on a warm afternoon.
...
In my sidebar surfing links "Carmi" posted a railroad tracks pic also. This is where his tracks took me, to posting the one I shot Thanksgiving week, myself. He shoots near, I shoot far. I like to play with space, color, n shape composition in the frame. Where's the train? Here at Mike's too!
Great minds with cams n eyes think kinda alike, n almost at the same time...
or something like that...
...
We just had a record-breaking warm day on the last day of November here. It hasn't been 68 F degrees in Boston since the 1800's! This month there've only been 8 days in the 40's (Thank local CH7-TV News for the stats). This has been a wonderfully long Indian Summer.
Coming attractions of autumns to come or just an isolated blip in record-keeping...?
...
Only time will tell.
...
The news also reported that Shamu the killer whale took a fit during show-time by dragging the trainer under by the foot. That's scary- Think he'll quit? (I would)
Even whales need vacation once in awhile, or they get grumpy like everyone else!
...
I'm greatful at work I'm not required to smile, although people keep telling me to. Only sarcastic humor seems to make me laugh lately. No vacations in sight, either. Looks like I'm workin the Xmas, too. Bah, Humbug!

6 Comments:

At 9:57 AM, Blogger carmilevy said...

This is such a peaceful pic that you're right, it's impossible to believe that it's right behind the center of town!

I feel at peace looking at it. Your composition is so bang on!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thanks Carmi! N wildlife too! There was a parked car with people hangin near me, while I scared the birds I wanted to really get- away before snapping more landscapes again.

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Skye said...

OH! I'd like to visit there someday. :)

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

SkyB2U, I hope you get to. It's a well-known tourist-zone in the summer months, n children friendly also.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

snaggle~
Those very tracks lead to my "vacation" home. I've actually ridden the rail once when Chris was a baby. He loved trains, and it was always a hit to buy Thomas the Train stuff when he was growing up. For as long as I can remember, trains have been a part of our life.
(We even get them now in the form of tornado noise... hehehehe.)

We had some unseasonably warm weather until this morning when I woke up to 27 degrees. It was time to snap on the heat to warm up the house before I stepped into the shower. Brrrrr!

I'll have to send my brother over here to see your pics.... he will recognize much of it, as he gets down that way far more than I do.

Take care, bundle up, and keep warm, sweetie!

 
At 4:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I heard on the noon news that "HotLanta" was colder than it's ever been for this date today. Of course, I thought of you.
We were simutaneously having the first snowfall here- only an inch, which iced onto to the truck, stuck the doors shut, n some is still ontop... None on the roads tho-
Karl is welcome anytime.
At least it's really warm at work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home