Thursday, March 08, 2018

TV Camping




I so missed power...

 I didn't miss any work tho!

Glad my game of playing "Human Wind-Sock" didn't last too long. It must have been at least 50 mph gusts that had me clinging to huge rocks  before work Friday.

Not a good walk day! 

They had a Generator waiting in the parking lot, n took about an hour to reboot all the equipment when the power quit. It wasn't bad working that way, until a bumper huge order for Sunday came in, because they were serving the power crews all over the region.



The tough part was definitely going home in pitch dark n eating with no way to cook for days, plus sleeping without heat. A generator at the house powered lights n the frig , but tripped it's breaker off when trying to power the heat! The furnace did keep it just above freezing at least. We were luckier than others...


I suffered from News deprivation, n had no clue what the weather was going to do. 
I totally love my portable, battery powered dvd player! I watched some movies. "Warcraft" was interesting with the effects, as was "The Gods of Egypt". Plus I'm still going thru the "Twilight" series again.

 No tv, no internet, no phone networks.
TG for battery operated devices! (Yes, I was able to charge those).
I ate cereal,  cold, canned veggies, peanut butter, n lots of work-bread. I wore 4 layers to bed. Almost an entire pack of baby wipes was used up staying clean. I had to go to work to get hot tea... but at least i got some, n brought it home to drink cold the next day.

Same pic below as above with color changed. (Text placement is fighting with me again)



The stores are still out of milk n decent bread, so many shelves are bare. Everyone was trying to decide what else alternate thing they will eat.
My joke used with fellow shoppers today was:
"I need a hunting dog! I think the deer is getting away!
(I got a few laughs)


It is Weds after the late news as I write now, n another storm is Thunder-snow storming thru. The power is flickering again. I have this post scheduled for Thursday about this time in case I don't get to the Library. I am a bit paranoid...
Yep, today's designs were created using a photo taken of the little TV weather-map in my room before the storm, Friday very early a.m., I think. Nice colors. 


Hey, this is cropped down so far it is pixel-ated,  but maybe is a good green one for St Pats Day...

9 Comments:

At 9:40 PM, Blogger Small City Scenes said...

You guys really got it back there. Love the kaleidoscope effects. Very good
MB

 
At 6:23 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

I sure hope that spring comes soon. YOur area has gotten more than its share of weather. Just wind for us here. Not had time to check out the yard.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We had high winds but no storms or electric outages. I love the phrase 'Human Wind Sock". Sure know how that felt.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Small City MB, At least the last snow melted off, Alot of down trees here tho. Glad you like the pics. I do rotating mirror plus color, n sometimes texture effects.

Tabor, you're back! hope you find Room without walls time soon! Was a looonnnngggg week!

Gran Annie, It was such strong wind, I couldn't walk for a little while n hid behind boulders. Thanks. I really felt like one!

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Oh no that sounds like a nightmare. A power cut for a day is bad enough. Weather here in the Uk is very unpredictable and we are expecting more snow this weekend! Here's to Spring!

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, We just did it again! power back on finally. I'll soon post about it. This weather is just getting crazy! Sorry the same seems to be going on there! A tough cold season for sure for us all- Spring will be here, but when? Thanks

 
At 5:39 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

The power being off for a prolonged time is just the worst. So sorry you had to go through that.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Three weeks in a row of days without, plus even longer without cable! I missed the news n internet. We are so spoiled with these devices! Thanks

 
At 3:46 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Like Robinson Caruso as primitive as can be?

Dare you to get that theme out of your head now! LOL

Really I'm laughing with you, not AT you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home