Thursday, January 11, 2018

FroZeN

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018


Tuesday my brain finally had a chance to thaw out at 34 F degrees.  Wednesday was below freezing, but warm enough to remove one of two hoodies in my Artic Coat combo before going out.

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018

Last week was a complete wash, in very icy conditions. I did no unnecessary outings, n spent the Blizzard Day Off inside. The power was out only for an hour after everyone else was asleep.
I was fine with all my battery devices n hot water bottle.


Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018
Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018

My last week's Day Off errand run was the day before the big storm, n consisted of empty shelf shopping for an hour at the market. People went nuts clearing out the meat, milk, n bread sections.

Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018So this week found me out of almost all regular items I use. Tea, peanut butter, sandwich bags, sugar, head-ache pills, ect. 



Image by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018

Even worse, I ran almost empty on kitty treats! These 4 kits here are spoiled getting some every night after the dogs are put out back for the night. Usually when I arrive back home after work. Really they torture you when they don't think they got enough, by meowing in the hall n waking folks up. Now I am spending too much on their stuff, n skimping on my things...

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018

At least it is still too hot at work. But getting back n forth in sub-Z, 1, 2, or 4 F (out of the wind), was challenging. Everything not immediately shoveled froze into ice, complete with frozen footprints n tire tred tracks n was so difficult to walk on.

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018

This week's thaw is going nicely so the sidewalks are almost walkable on the short, lumpy, snow- ice.

I have been taking very few photos lately. I wanted to get closer to the sea-ice flows, but I chose not to spend so much outdoor time due to the temps. Now it is melting alot. 

Photo by SnaggleTooth Jan 2018

I took some terrible pics thru dirty windows, with a reflection showing. One is used for altering today. There's the digital bank sign showing the high temp for that day after the storm. Plus one while leaving of the walkway out of work the other night. The entire walkway covered by inches of ice. I've never seen it so bad before.

50 F but rainy today... I'll take it !



10 Comments:

At 12:22 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

We started yesterday morning at 55 degrees and ended up by noon at 23 degrees. This morning it is 16. Oklahoma!!

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Ouch that looks cold! And I wouldn't like to be walking or driving on that ice. If you are going to have a power cut, good that it's at night when everyone is in bed!

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

We hit high 60s but the wind is howling outside now and we are back to freezing and cold weather. I feel so sorry for the birds, but do not scrimp on your health due to howling cats...you do not want to be that old cat lady.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Mo one can count on normal weather at all these days! We are in the 3rd week of the frigid temps here. Yay for a couple days of melting thp! Good luck keeping warm!

LLcoolJ, 4 layers of coat, 2 scarves, 2 pants, hat , n gloves needed - or risk frostbite. At least the power came back on! thanks

Tabor, was warm Thursday, but back to 20s today again! Have not seen many birds except swans n ducks on the ice in back of Main street, n couldn't get close for pics.The cats don't belong to me, but no one else gives them attention N they don't let me sleep! I am still very sleep deprived. Thanks

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh my - it's cold here. I can't imagine what it would be like there. So kind of you to think of the kitties when you are shopping.

 
At 9:34 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, It has been a long cold spell until this week. 30's are much easier! Hope you are staying warm. The kitties know I care about them. The dogs get everyone else's attention. Thanks

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Neo said...

I like that last photo. Can I steal and violate it?

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, only because it is just you.... That's my amigo Will heading out.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Danke! You know I won't, but the respect is dully noted. :)

Still.....

 
At 4:46 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I'm still wondering what you want to do with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home