Thursday, February 22, 2018

Melting Snowman

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018


Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Sunday was rainy, n then later snowy outsidethe door at work. I took out my garbage at clean-up time, n squished some slushy snow together.  It was highly sculptable, so I quickly plunked a small snow-figure  with arms together on a tray, n brought it in to cheer me through the rest of clean-up. Someone else put a food-glove on his head.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

I placed it so it was visable all the way down the building as drivers were checking, covering, n loading large racks into delivery trucks. An hour after as I left, it still hadn't melted yet. I've done that every winter I've worked there so far.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Other times I blow-up n tie-off a glove n draw with marker a happy face on it. Then put it near where I am, n talk to it calling it Wilson, my best friend. At least a few folks there realize I'm  parodying Wilson from the film, "Castaway" with Tom Hanks. I'm sure most others are mystified by this...

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

We just had two warm-ish n very foggy days. It was record breaking north n west, but cooler here (44 F) by the cold ocean water. Now comes sleet n snow again for today's walk.

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018

Image by SnaggleTooth Feb 2018




16 Comments:

At 8:26 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The snowperson looks like a Ninja. LOL. So you just think people believe it is okay for you to talk to a balloon glove with a face? I love it.

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

I see an angel
As white as can be
A sweet little snow angel
Watching after thē


A snowperson no longer man I'm guessing a woperson you could have made.
Then if you add a dress still who knows. I went into a bar and said.
"I'm looking for a person to take home tonight."
Three guys stood up and waved at me. I turned around and went home. “ALONE!!!!”

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Thanks! Plus I colorized it purple. Entertainment is hard to come by in there! No music, no headphones allowed, no windows, just hurrying all night long. Plus Wilson never talks about me behind my back...

Ellis, the glove on its head maybe makes him look artsy, maybe a cross-dresser. For sake of using the term snowman, I opted for the latter.
Sounds like the wrong type of bar you attended, but I have seen many male rock-stars or Viet Nam vets with long locks looking ambiguous being straight.
Perhaps that's the point. Androgyny...



 
At 5:27 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Cute! Love the glove hat.

 
At 1:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. That's the first time a co-worker helped.

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Lady Fi said...

Cool pics! And I like your snowperson.

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

What a cute snowperson. I loved Wilson from Castaway. We all need a Wilson. :D

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger cube said...

41 years ago (in 1977) it snowed in Florida and I made a snowman (snowperson) on the hood of my Ford Pinto. We didn't get a whole lot of snow it being Florida and all, but I have wonderful memories of my tiny snowman (snowperson) and your post makes me remember those wonderful days.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger Small City Scenes said...

kaleidoscope and tiny snow thingie. Love it
MB
BTW: thanks for the visit

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Neo said...

WTF is a food-glove?

LOL!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

did you get my email

 
At 1:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Forgive my late replies due to having no power for days. Don't have time yet until after work

 
At 10:03 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lady Fi, Thanks. Thanks for the visit

LLcoolJ, Thanks. think Wilson treats me better than the co-workers here...

Cube, glad it helped you remember a good time!

Small City MB, glad to entertain you n visit. No internet was tough this week!

Neo, Have you never worked at a food place? It's guaranteed clean hands...

Ellis, I don't check email from here, because I have so many messages I can't get thru them (like 1500 in box now). So no, plus had no power or internet all week-end!

n myself, I ended up waiting for after my workweek was over!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Neo said...

I hear it's good for removing nicotine stains from hands.

No matter how many times I think about that it's still pretty gross.

Yuck!

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, at restaurants we had hand sanitizer, now I'm allergic to everything, co-incidence? We have vinyl gloves at work. Then I have to keep- yelling at folks to change them!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Maybe they need the stick and carrot method without the carrot?

Every time they don't do it, you give them a whack with the stick.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home