Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Sunday Sight on Main Street

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 4 2018

Photo by SnaggleTooth March 4 2018
This is the chimney

We had quite a storm. Power came back on, but the ATM still wouldn't let me deposit my paycheck or get cash. Saw this while on that in-completed errand, on the way into work.


Photo by SnaggleTooth March 4 2018
The building Had previously housed businesses. It was currently unoccupied, luckily.
Alot of tree n power damage to the whole town.

Some local things made it into the national news!
Yay all is okay at my place now. We didn't get flooded badly here on the south side of the Cape.

9 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Neo said...

OFF WITH THE ROOF!

Saw the weather you guys got and figured you'd lost power. At least you still have a roof. In like a lion right?

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, I had to walk n work thru it all. Work was warmer than home, so ok! Next scheduled tonight later. BTW, when I heard "In My Life" on radio, I remembered the Metronome story! It had to be sound triggered memory file...

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Will as long as your okay
and no bumps on your head
stay dry and warm

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, My head isin't thinking well lately- too much going on, too little sleep. N I still have to tackle taxes! Went out to hunt down milk at a different store today. Had to move large branches to use the sidewalks! Thanks

 
At 5:03 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I often wonder when we get high winds if we could lose the whole roof! Very frightening! Glad no one was in that building!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, There were at least 3 buildings that lost the whole roof in town. One a huge boat storage place. all were near open water where nothing buffers the strong winds. There were both wood/shingles and metal sheeting materials failing. There were side holes in these places also.
I hope the slate materials used there hold up better! Good







luck

 
At 5:38 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Oh my - that's so scary!

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Makes you realize how lucky you are when you see what happened to other places!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Makes you want to go hunt down that stupid Groundhog and give him some what for, yo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home