Thursday, June 20, 2013

Cove n Lilies

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 19, 2013

A beautiful, sunny, 70F Day Off finally! I found sunset reflection magic in the cove by the bridge after a long day of errands n laundry chores. It'll take awhile to process all the pretty stuff I clicked there, so I just picked out this one to do today. I was so glad there were peeks of sun thru the clouds as it descended. After all these weeks of rain in a row, the biting bugs were numerous. I had to keep walking while there. Clouds of gnats followed me the whole way, n I had to put on my hoodie for protection, tho it was still warm. No Off for me- I'm allergic...

Image by SnaggleTooth June 19, 2013

Today's altered pics are texture n color altered, without the rotating mirror, due to not finding those results interesting today. I like all three of these as abstract images, even if the top photo would be ok alone, they make me think so differently of the original pics.
Photo by SnaggleTooth June 2013

I was recently given some plants for the deck, n the Chives n red Lilies began to bloom last week in the overcast conditions.  The air has been so saturated until today, my clothes hanging inside were drying too slow. It'll be much better to have everything dry n put away this week.

Image by SnaggleTooth June, 2013

Most of the deck plants are doing well, considering I haven't even finished spring cleaning part of the deck yet. Some Viola seeds from a plant two years ago have decided to reappear in two old pots. I've been working on making a new garden bed in the yard, n so many plants are waiting to be in there it'll be crowded. I'd stopped part way done of removing the grass sod before all that rain made me wait. Now I have too much to catch up on there...

Photo by SnaggleTooth June 19, 2013

This week I have many Lily buds opening to catch the rays out there. I've been picking alot of Petunias for the table, n the Impatiens are growing slowly. There are flowers on the tomatoes, n some Pea pods will soon be edible. the Beets n Carrots that sprouted are few n slow so far. I replanted more seeds for those. Many seeds never sprouted at all-

Image by SnaggleTooth June 19, 2013

Here comes another busy Day Off without rain full of plans. Maybe I'll get a bit more caught up here
this week.
I hope everyone else does too-

10 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That first photo is just glorious. So much beauty in one place - just breathtaking.

And I love your potted plants - so pretty!

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I agree with Lynn, it is amazing. I love the altered ones too. I'm glad you are finally getting some sun! We had one day yesterday and I thinks that's it for the summer! :D

Enjoy your day off!!

 
At 9:22 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Yay! Much deserved downtime, Snaggle! And that reflection shot is truly beautiful! Just gorgeous!

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, that image from the whole batch just jumped out at me. The sunset was really good for the first time in ages. Thanks, didn't even take good petunia shots yet-

LLcoolJ, I love when the water is smooth as glass like that, just like a mirror- A day of Sun is wonderful for you too! Off is so much better than working- Hate being in a hurry all day. Thanks

Talon, I like how there's more cloud detail in the water than the sky- but I could see the detail with my eye my cam just misses. Thanks

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

I'm glad the lillies came up! did the bleeding heart? mine didn't- the roots were rotted.. atleast I think the squishy thing I put in a pot anyway was the roots. none of the things I planted are up yet and I'm not confident they will. Yours are lovely!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I just planted the Bleeding Heart this week down in the yard. Maybe yours won't grow until next spring, because they are early Spring bloomers here- according to BBM's garden. Try waiting a year- I had 2 roots, n hope they were facing upward- directions were vague I thought! I think the strawberries will be slow to establish too- They're all in shock! Tough waiting sometimes. But roots are prolific in many plants- better than seeds. Hope the end of your growing season goes better! I have some peas- Yay!

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sounds like your garden, and looks like, all is well, even with some seeds that did not sprout. But some from 2 years ago finally taking off. you just never know, do you what nature will surprise us with.

Have you ever tried the Burts Bee's lemon insect repellent? It works not too badly.

oxoxo

 
At 3:31 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, I have planted seeds about 5 times this year- n want more veggies started sooner because they take so long here. Beets, carrots, n cukes didn't sprout. The ones that did will produce very late. Last year I ate beet greens every week n had alot to eat in Sept. Not this year- maybe two...
Never heard of that brand. Will look for it. May still be allergic- do react to citronella. But my Lemon dish soap is ok, n my apple shampoo too.

 
At 2:19 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

All your plants look lovely. You obviously have green fingers. I'm having real problems keeping the stuff I've planted alive. I'm okay with evergreen plants but things like petunias and marigolds seem to hate me!!

 
At 7:03 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ. My petunias are beginning to get eaten by invisible critters! Hate to use poison too. Still too soggy here. Keep popping off the spent blooms. My Marigolds aren't blooming yet- But I have 3 tomatoes! Haven't tried them in years- Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home