Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial

Image by SnaggleTooth May 2013

The official beginning of of the Cape's summer tourist season has kicked off with a totally rained out n chilly offering until Monday, when most visiting folks head back to where they ventured from. So lucky for me, the home neighborhood stayed quiet for my long work week-end. Maybe some Veteran parades n ceremonies will get sunshine at least-
Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2013

Last week the nearby marina was full-up with watercraft already. Maybe the small-craft warnings will be lifted n they'll get out around the bay today finally. This is the only recent USA Flag shot I've taken, also used for these altered pics.


Image by SnaggleTooth May 2013
I'm looking forward to warmer weather later this week, plus lower work-orders today finally. At least I wasn't in the current snow-zone seen on the news- whew!

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2013
On last weeks walk around the bay, I spotted this unique memorial bench in a restful spot.

Of course I have to take a moment to contemplate n thank all the souls who gave their lives for our freedom here. It's a sacrifice I've never taken for granted.
Hope your Holiday Week-end went well.
Happy Memorial Day

8 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

The road in front of our house was thick with traffic Friday night as people arrived pulling their boats. This afternoon and tonight the exit will begin. I better lock up the chickens early. We don't go near the lake on Memorial weekend.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

It isn't Memorial day here in the UK, but it was a Bank holiday. I noticed a great deal more traffic outside our house due to the holiday weekend plus it was dry and sunny here. Not warm though.

Hope you are having a lovely day off!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

We took an afternoon canoe trip...4 hours of upper body exercise...but not too many boats where we went. Just enough to remind us it was a holiday. We had relatives down, so did not any memorial days things to honor the fallen.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger TALON said...

That is truly an unusual bench, Snaggle. A perfect contemplation spot. Yes, thanks to those who risk their very lives for our freedoms.

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

A lovely bench to sit and reflect.

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, it would've been very crowded at the ramp out my window were it not down-pouring all Sat. n Sun.- I know that crowd-avoidance tendency well!

LLcoolJ, it's a national n state holiday with banks n schools closed here, but Most people have a week-end party with BBQ n go to military veteran parades. Thanks

Tabor, I like canoe excursions. Don't have one tho. Did that in scouts n on vacas in Northern New England awhile back. Most folks here do plastic kayaks. I find them too uncomfortable. On my way out to work yesterday, I actually spotted an Osprey by the cove. No cam tho-

Talon, There are so many of those benches here now- This is the only Greek style I've seen. I want the roll-ends to be soft pillows instead of cement tho- I always mention my gratitude for veterans service sacrifice on this day.

Lynn, what a great spot this one is in- Cool n damp on that bench today too!

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Nice bench for Ed ONeill. The bay looks so happy, late May blue -- nothing like it. The season still young and crisp.

and all your trees look happy again.

I love how you never forget those who gave the ultimate sacrifice, Snaggle. You are truly a special person.

enjoy your slower paced work nights.

xoxooxo

 
At 12:49 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Yes, Ed was obviously a much loved person. Today the bay was lit with t-storms n the trees are getting eaten by the caterpillars, because all the "Seven" I put around the tree trunks got washed off again!
I can't forget cause it was drilled into me growing up- going to memorials every year.
Our slowest order nights now are the same as the busy winter week-ends. I'm already tired out. Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home