Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spring 3

Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2013

I have abundant Spring flowers around my yard. Summer should bring the Tiger Lilies, purple clover, n Trumpet flower vines to look forward to. Until then there are now these:

In the jumbled, viney mess of the side yard behind the Huckleberry tree (now leafing), are these pretty pink flowers among the Vincia.



Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2013

The light purple Lilies of the Valley are out in abundance too. I never mow them down, n always pick some for my table. Wish I had a Macro setting for a close up of the delicate bells...
My neighbors have the common white ones about ten feet away.


Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2013

This prolific one has turned into a huge shrub on the other side of the house by the driveway. It may be a Crab-apple or maybe a laurel. I'll have to look it up someday when I have alot of time.(*Maybe someone knows?)
This pic is just a small section of it.
Today rained when I got back from errands. Cool out too- Hoping for warmth n less windy rain to check out the Lilac bush tomorrow. Yes, tree pollen is still killing me now.



Photo by SnaggleTooth May 2013

A new neighbor of wild Bamboo right across the road in the woods...  A pretty tulip tossed away by someone last year.

I have abundant Spring flowers around my yard. Summer should bring the Tiger Lilies, purple clover, n Trumpet flower vines to look forward to. Until then there are these:

Almost all my neighbors have these bright Phlox. My deck container of Coral-eyed phlox didn't make it this spring. That blizzard did alot of the plants in. I got some veggies going already, n got some cheap bargain annuals today to put in deck containers. A few seeds sprouted in the kitchen to plant out too.
Now I just need to protect them from the hungry critters. Hopefully the frost the past two nights will be it for awhile...



8 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Spring has sprung up there! Hope the frost is done. And love the lone tulip.

 
At 6:09 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Glad you are having such a colorful spring You deserve it after all that snow!! That does look like a crab apple, but so lovely. A volunteer tulip would be extremely rare here in my neck of the woods.

 
At 6:56 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

I am so missing our beautiful cherry tree that died is the drought last year. We must chop it down soon because the brittle brown arms and dry trunk seems to just stand there crying while I cry. It fed many a grandchild fresh cherry cobbler.

 
At 2:41 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Love all the colours. I'm glad Spring is finally here!

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

I have a close up of mine here that I took today.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=8D1BFEE9B8EDF00F!2649&authkey=!AJHygB5qfAYs4VI

that tree isn't mountain laurel, that I know. I don't recall what crab apple trees look like specifically

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger TALON said...

What an abundance of color, Snaggle. Do the purple lily of the valley smell as gorgeous as the white ones? I have a small patch of them in the back garden and I always have to stop to drink in the lovely fragrance.

 
At 2:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, We definitely have growing vegetation here now- Poor homeless tulip is in a pile of sticks or I'd dig the bulb up for my yard...

Tabor, the leaves do look like Apple, n it does have large hops, but other plants here do also, without the same blooms. It became very tall the past 2 years after being small for about 25 years. We once had a volunteer lavender purple with feathered petals tulip near the same spot. Must be the same lady tossing spent pots there.

Gran Annie, Bummer about the missing fresh fruit. You need another one, n no more drought! I can't wait until the end of June for Free Huckleberries, Berry prices are sky high here.

LLcoolJ, I hope your plants are thriving in the UK spring also. It seemed the wait was so long this colder winter (it was!) Thanks

MB, Well it isin't a tree shape, so maybe it got trimmed long ago not to look like it should- not a surprise for these landlord folks... But it must be 20 feet high now! Nannie had Mountain Laurel, blooms looked like little, pink striped umbrellas. There are other varieties tho.

Talon, Yes they're very fragrant, n I bring the smell inside. I do love the purple color n have it on all sides of the house this year. The woods have tons of white ones now. White spreads much faster than the purple, but I have some of the rare transplanted to the front n up on the deck too.

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

hAY I love all the flower's but my human watches me all the time,he try's to keep me from eating them.but you know how good thay look? But I will try my hardest to stay away from them..
I been workin on his blogger page,learning how to put picturs in and "Pal" is teaching me how to use the clickey thing sos I can take my on,I'll let you know when I post some of Mine or his. Well kid you be good...
love you..WOOF WOOF...
LUCY

 

Post a Comment

<< Home