Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Marina

 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012

It was another roasty, toasty day outdoors, The kind that make me wish when I'd had more money many years ago, I'd sprung for a little boat to paddle about the coves in to escape to the coolest place. It's not particularly quiet on the water these days. This place is crowded with craft, n the motor-cycles of the sea, loud jet-ski s are all over now.




Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012
 There's this one really loud guy who lands at the ramp nearby on week-ends, I can hear him from here barking orders at some poor boat slave person like they're dirt. If he spoke to me like that I'd be squirting him in the ear... Even the neighbors were seen rolling their eyes at the dudes audacity. 



 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012
 Here's pics of the little marina right down the street. There are certainly some beautiful vessels parked there. I wonder who owns the large, speedy Ciggarrette boat with the red cover. The guy I used to work for repairing outboards used to own this place way back before I moved to this part of town.


Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012


I'll never forget the half a year I spent restoring a v-hull boat, patching fiberglass, painting, remaking wood seats, redoing the steering n gear cable systems, n the motor, all because that boss said it was mine n I could have it. One day tho, I discovered he sold my boat, n I didn't get a penny for it, because he couldn't refuse the offer he got. That's when I decided to stop wasting my time helping him. I really wanted that boat, n he dissappointed me.



 Image by SnaggleTooth July 2012

Then there was the other reason, that when guys came over to do work, they would get more money than me, tho I knew what to tell them to do n they had no clue, plus they didn't put any tools back where they went (4 benches) n I had to pick it up. I don't take that crumby treatment well at all-




Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012


Of course now I don't have time or access to the tools needed to do that work, n still crave the boat. Too bad there's always some other more pressing issue keeping me from that dream. Someday...
Time for ice cream!

8 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

It is amazing the array of boats that can be seen at the many docks around. We will see huge expensive boats docked next to little dingy boats and everyone is friendly to everyone regardless of whose got the biggest.....boat that is:)

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

The rainbows you made from this aquatic geometry is certainly intriguing. I hate ugly tourists.

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

When all else fails, ice cream is there.

Gonna pick The Kell up now, be back later.

xoox

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

That's so sad that the guy took your boat away. It sounds beautiful.

The marina is so lovely there.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

That was so mean over the boat. But karma will get him.

The flowers at the marina sure are nice.

I bet you row a boat in your dreams tonight.

xoxo

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I think my goal is the opposite of socializing- I wish to escape! But being on a boat is a bit lonely n boring. Most folks are good boat neighbors, n nosey too. But who doesn't want help when needed?
I could buy a couple houses with that big one...

Tabor, Thanks for saying you like the fun part- I did pick n choose n decide against using others... You'd never guess what they were made of, huh?

Jannie, really, I can't take this heat n humidity! Even toe-dipping didn't cool me down because the water is warm. Ice cream is a comfort at least!

Lynn, Notice the yelling guy reminded of that boss. I put up with alot of steamy grunt work, but that was the last straw! It was modest n on the smaller side for ocean boats, but I was invested in it. This marina is nice now. One pier floated away in Hurricane Irene a year ago.

JanF, Well, he has passed on since. I never got the tools I had there back, either. (some were expensive sears power tools...)That guy sometimes answered the phone saying "What do you want?!?" He was an Italian wise guy... transplanted from the Boston area.

Hmmm... I looked up a rowing dream I had once, n how calm the water is indicates your emotions... Lets hope it's not Gale force white caps!

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

How sad about the boat that you spent time restoring. Sounds like you did too good a job of it too me!

 
At 11:17 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, Yep it started out as a throw-away wreck. I put in alot of hard work n my free time for months. Wish I had it now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home