Sunday, November 04, 2007

Wind-Day

We skipped Saturday to have Wind-Day this week!
...
For the few minutes I was out doors, I hung close to buildings n trees seeking out the Leeward side of things (out of the wind). The rain flew sideways, stung , n I got instantly drenched. But the storm drain got cleared again!
...
Also it was in the lower 40F temp range, n the wind-chill on wet hands took just a few seconds to turn them into icicles wishing for gloves. I skipped all planned errands, n stayed in.
...
The power was out for awhile, then the phone was still out after that. I did some writing on paper by candlelight after I figured out where all the broken flash-lights n dead batteries were. It's been some time since my last drill. The old C batteries needed for my portable, Blk&Wht, tiny TV hadn't been replaced yet. I remembered the little portable radio was out in the truck, n decided I wasn't going back out there after already changing out of drenched duds.
...
Well, at least it was quiet... Also, I had some hot kettle water in bottles to keep warm n make hot chocolate with. (or I would've been freezin inside, too).
...
N now, back to our regular programing-

2 Comments:

At 4:56 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

you always make the most of all your circumstances, and describe the moments perfectly
Glad you are ok

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, Thanks for reading n checking in on me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home