Sunday, October 21, 2007

Peep

Photo by SnaggleTooth Autumn 2007
...
...
I've officially been caught week-end driving n Leaf Peeping! Maybe that's where all that way home traffic on 128 around routes 95 n 93 was about, or perhaps it was Game traffic.
...
The Red Sox have made it to Game seven of the Pennant competition with Cleveland, with Daisuke Matsuzaka (pronounced "Dice-kay" in these parts) starting for Boston. After being shipped in from Japan at a hefty Mill+ price tag, it's time he pays his way.
...
Another evening of exhaustion full of suspense for this Baseball fan tonight. I should probably just pass out right now. After working late, then getting less than three hours of sleep before the drive North, then staying awake thru the ride home, I'll have a tough time keeping the lids open.
...
Twice this week I got up early hoping to get to much needed yard work, only to find it pouring rain. Now landlord people are showing up tomorrow, n I'll try once more to miss morning sleep n get the chore done. Then I'm out of time n go back to the work week.
...
The wedding went off with a successful hitch. It was quiet compared to other family wedding parties. I got to see a couple of my Dad's brothers, some old family friends, n a brother I haven't seen in a couple years.
...
The day was clear n warm in the upper 70F temp range, perfect for the outdoor vows while a dude plunked away without flaw on his Tacamine guitar. I'm still kinda dissappointed that when I went to the dance floor during "Staying Alive" to do my John Travolta imitation, the tune suddenly changed to "Play that Funky Music" to which I had to dance funkily!
...
I saw tons of great leaves along the way.
...
Of course no trip through upper New England is complete without stopping in New Hampshire for that Powerball ticket. Now All I need is a few years of sleep shut-eye to make up for lost time, right after the game.
...
In the third inning we're up 3-0, so here goes several good beginings...

9 Comments:

At 12:34 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

congrats to you and your Sox

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Buddy T. Doxie said...

just to say hi Buddy
nice to seee you had a good trip.
hope you get a lot of sleep so you can pild up your stranth,
By now you have heard of the fire in b.bay.I saw it but "Pal" would not let me out of the truck,but he took a lot of pic, I think he is going to but them in my page.I saw so many big red trucks and the long things sticking up in the sky and spit water on it,but it did no good I think the red flaming thing's were just drinking it up,thought "Pal" was never goning back seeing all the water(Well I could have put it out myself lol)
ok me claws are gitting tired so am going to get out of hear Paws Buddy

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

I heard the news this morning that the sox had won!! holy crap! of course I didn't watch the game.. baseball on tv just isn't as good as seeing baseball in person. there's too many commercials.. and other shows on tv..

I'm glad to hear the wedding went well. the leaves here peake don saturday. we had had gotten a rain that night and when we woke up that morning, it was like a whole new world. now that it's monday the leaves are dulling already. the trees are still thirsty around these parts.. but not as bad as in GA or FL!!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, thanks! Glad I didn't miss that whole game.

Buddy, I drove by n took some pix of it today myself- wow, what a depressing mess! I'll goto your page soon. Tell Pal I said thanks!

MB, the game was great after the 7th inning... The wedding was good, n got pics back today. Leaves were good, got just a few pics, mostly drove by-
Try doing some rain-dances with the kids for the South, it's getting desparate there!

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Cgrats to Boston on their game 7 win. Man, talk about Cleveland choking!

Peace & Leaves,

- Neo

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Yesss! Go Red Sox! Cool too cause I'm in Rockies country now, I'll be cheering Boston on.

 
At 12:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, thanks, at 11 to 2 The Red SoxTober is fun! I did rake several hours today. N more leaves!

Skye, yay! The Rockies are a great team, but Sox do excellent under high pressure lately. It will be interesting, hope I get to see some!

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

I LOVE THIS PHOTO!!!

I picture it bigger than life over my couch!!

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MKB, thank you, I chose to post that one because of the range of colors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home