Saturday, November 03, 2007

Noel

Storm warning pic from http://www.thebostonchannel.com/weather/
...

...

N it isin't even Xmas season yet!
...
Looks like we're bracing for another big-time X-hurricane turned NorEaster heading up to the North Atlantic.
...
My village faces South Cape waters n usually does alright in these storms, while the North facing water areas get slammed hard.
...
Before work last night I went out n moved all my deck stuff up against the side of the building in hopes my little trees won't get tossed about too badly. The two larger ones planted in barrels usually end up laying sideways in high winds no matter what I do tho- Some of the plants got moved inside last week already to avoid the frost temps we got overnight last week.
I got most of the leaves out of the gutters n raked the storm drain before work Thursday, when I didn't even realize the storm was coming this way so soon.
Well, at least I didn't get all the raking done just so it gets wrecked again with the nasty winds. Can't rake in a storm, either so no yard work today.
...
The coves showed a bit of storm surge height already at high tide Friday at sunset. I just wonder if the power will fail, n if the new house across the hill will block wind gusts better than it's predecessor. Noel is comin to pay a visit...

4 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Skye said...

I saw that on the morning news and imediately thought maybe it would turn before it got to your area. I hope it brought some good rain to the much needed South.
Sounds like your prepared , hope the plants make it. :)

 
At 10:52 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

yes, whippin winds and lots of wet,
you stay put, ok? no blowing away

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

You know what I think is ironic? I live in Florida & not one hurricane or tropical storm has hit us this year. Yet, you are bracing for another storm.
Actually, that makes me think I should get a partial refund on my homeowners' insurance premium.

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, Too bad we can't ship all these inches where it's needed. I was a Girl Scout of America for ten years, I'm ALWAYS prepared- for what? is the question!

David, I was stupidly out there for some of it, but made it back!

Fleen, You've been lucky this year! Let's hope it lasts- I have no insurance. I'm just fortunate God let's me keep this roof over my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home