Monday, October 08, 2007

Garden007

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2007

...

...


The most ironic deck garden moment of my growing season:
...
In mid-July there arose on a stem in the midst of the lush, full planters a single, bright blue, 1/4 inch, five-petal, delicate blossom, with a strange center. What was it? I'd planted many types of new seeds n couldn't remember which one this was.
...
I hunted down the pile of folded packets bound with a rubber band, n searched through the pile. There it was, in a picture of a cluster of the blossoms. Perhaps it slipped my mind because the one I had was solitary.
That's right, it was a "Forget-Me-Not!"


Wikipedia Photo It actually appears in several of these photos, and there's other clusters which came up after in these pics, but they're difficult to spot because of the distance needed for the film to focus (4-feet), n their small size.
...
If I had a macro-lens, I wouldn't have borrowed this illustration from Wikipedia-

Photo by SnaggleTooth Sept 2007

...

...

Mischief loves the garden too. Some of the plants are for her to eat.

3 Comments:

At 9:01 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

funny.. I remember growing up you wouldn't let us have so many flowers b/c of your allergies.. the one exception was the garden out front, which you can't do anymore b/c of the landlords son.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

I love the cat's name being mischeif. I always said my cat's middle name was trouble.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, I still keep trying to do the front every year, but they always die- in July. Since all my allergy testing I know I tested neg to many flowers- I'm much braver.

Xray, She's earned her name, which was borrowed from a childhood friend's black kitty.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home