Monday, October 01, 2007

Bldg

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007
"Im fixing a hole where the rain gets in, it stops my mind from wondering. When it will come- O00-000-000 my love.... yeah, yeah, yeah!"
- Lennon & McCartney
...
This tune's been running through the space in my head often the past few weeks. This photo instantly turns it on...
...
Does anyone know what this strange, cement n steel structure is for? This construction ad is situated in gravel next to a building company headquarters in the middle of a beach neighborhood behind the center of town. I liked it's view of sailboats, a pair of Aderondack chairs by the water's edge, n the flowers.

9 Comments:

At 11:39 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

Thanks for reminding me. I left my windows open last night on the car. Guess what happened? RAIN. and lots of it...

Now I will be fixing a puddle on the car floor, and likely get this song stuck in my head.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Xray, warm enough to have the windows open, eh? At least it's an easy hole to fix. The one in my brain this week is incurable...

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - Kinda looks like a place where horses could be tied up. That's my take on it anyways.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 2:59 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

I bet that thing is a "sculpture" of some sort.. we have some things like that around here that people seem to think are art.

 
At 2:17 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I think the structure is for all of the neighbors to gawk at & analyze.

 
At 3:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I thought being a cement expert you'd know!

Neo, Hmmm... no horses anywhere near here, just cottagss n beach!

MB, maybe! I keep wanting to throw a tarp on for a canopy, n use it as a carport...

 
At 8:09 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, you're probably correct!

 
At 1:35 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Dry dock. You use it for careening the bottom of ships.

Probably never used but they used to be common.

Course it might be modern art...which has no function other than make people go..what the hell is that?

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Janus, good speculations! It would have to be for a flat-bottomed craft like a houseboat, raft, or barge...
When I worked on some semi-large vessel hulls, (~52 feet)they were propped up on several (6) large, steel, adjustable platform tripods.
N I love Mod Art too-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home