Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Hey, hey,Hitchin' a Ride...

Ride bumming wierdness followed me in my errands this past Day Off.
...
King Richard's Faire began in Carver up the road on Labor Day, n sometimes they'll be strange non-local characters hanging about.
On my way between store hopping on the busiest traffic island was a tall, thin girl in a flannel shirt (looking like she was a Carverite), pacing back n forth n looking starved n cold in the cool breeze. She stared at the drivers stopped at the lights. She carried a crinkled cardboard sign, "I'm passing through the area, I'm down on my luck. Can you help me?" Panhandling isin't extinct. I saw lots of people giving her dollars, so I didn't feel guilty about not having anything to pass out the window.
...
Hopefully she caught a ride n a spot to crash, n not arrested, or kidnapped, cause she was gone a few minutes later on my way back. That's a dangerous thing she was doing, n perhaps she was dangerous herself. What a way to live!
...
I'm having a quality issue with a new employee messin up my stuff at the drugstore with my one-hour prints who forgot to make the CD I ordered, so I had to go back the next day for it. In the course of my normal planned busy Day Off condensed errand run, I cleaned out the stuff laying around the truck cab in preparation of stopping in at the oil-change place on the way back. Normally the passenger seat is covered with work-related n emergency gear with no room for sitting. Change n odd items have previously dissappeared before, so now I hide all stuff in the locked cap.
...
In line at the drug store, I was greeted by a stranded neighbor, who'd just missed the last trolley of the day. Our kids were all friends on the block growing up. She's been having many health issues, n I know her well, so I changed my planned itinerary to drive her back home n backtracked to the oil place. I rarely waste fuel like that, but it was worth saving her the pain.
...
I just thought it was magical that I had just before bumping into her, cleared off the place for her to sit! Also, I wouldn't have been there then at all if the picture person hadn't messed up.
...
On my way for fuel I saw yet a third person seeking a ride, a large guy thumbing down the Avenue. Maybe this is a cool-day surprize trend or some kind of sign...
...
After getting back home for the day, openning mail, n putting supplies away, I go to load up the latest round of pics in the puter. That new girl has much to learn, cause she screwed up again- the entire slide show is upsidedown! Upsidedown watery sunsets, garden pics, n house construction, I can't believe it! What a dweeb-

TG I have a paint program to rotate them all, cause I'm not willing to go back out there a fourth time for one roll.
.


Is that a sign too? (of what?)

11 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Funny thing is, I've crawled out of bed some mornings, and actually seen the world and it looks just like that photo.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

God has plans for us beyond our comprehension. I love your little observations on the world. I also love your upside-down photography. :)

 
At 2:39 PM, Blogger Janus Torrell said...

Don't worry soon all the weird out of towners will be gone, than it will just be the weird locals again.

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Neo said...

Snag - I agree and yes I think it is a sign when you see so many people down on their luck. It's a sign that something isn't right in America theses day. When most people don't have prescription drug care or the ability to see a doctor when sick, or have to choose taking meds or eating, then YES something is quite wrong.

This is one of the reasons I'm leaving. I don't want to start over here again because I know that something far worse is coming. Call it a premonition; especially after one of the dreams I had last night. I can't go into on the web because I might gain too much attention.

Good luck with your CD.

Peace & Hugs,

- Neo

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Zoey, remember to stand on the feet, not the hands!

X-ray, I agree it all seemed planned out from beyond. Yep, they even look alright that way!

Janus, n just wierd me!

Neo, I'm ticked off myself lately about choosing between rent n doc/dentist visits. But at least I still have my little truck!
Just what I needed, another catch-up project...

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Skye said...

Hi de ho ! Been missing you and all the others, hope to be able to get on a little more often. (keeps fingers crossed)

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Skye, you're still alive! Come on back soon, ya hear?
(fingers crossed n knocked on wood)

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

it looksOk if you are viewing it from Australia.

 
At 3:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, good point! n as I said to CJ this week, Happy Spring! (down under the equator)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

email me, please

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, unable to get ur email addr, will send you mine in comment

 

Post a Comment

<< Home