Friday, October 05, 2007

Early Deck Growth

Photo by SnaggleTooth
I've taken several pics of the plantlings out on the deck, which is my small, private oasis of green without having to go downstairs. This is the beginning of yet another series of the same place n theme I'd wanted to post over the summer n just got to...
This is a pic of the NorthEastern walkway corner in early July. I like the light thru the rails.
The impatients have stolen the blossom show for most of the warm season this year. There's also Assylum, Boston Ferns, Bachelor buttons, several herbs, n a few wild plants n other immature subjects still on their way up.
I like to sit n read on the step down to the main deck right there when I'm too lazy to drag out a chair.

4 Comments:

At 10:00 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

I feel bad. I didn't do nearly as much with my yard as I should have this year. I was on the road too often and never around. Maybe next year I'll make more of an effort to have a nice garden. The pictures of your plants have inspired me! :)

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Shelley said...

I bought a grill, and now I don't have room for any chairs on my balcony, so I can't sit out there. So sad.

Glad you have some nice plants to enjoy.

 
At 3:03 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I'm surprised because I know most of that stuff would cause me to have an allergic reaction, but not you? Oh well, it's very pretty

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Zoey, I've been working the deck garden containers about 20 years now, n always try new seeds, Thats's only a few of the containers. Good luck with your next plantings.

Xray, sounds like a small balcony or huge grille! I only have a small, charcoal grill. My deck is the biggest size place of my apartment. More plants cover the rest of the deck.

Fleen, these blossoms don't bother me. I avoid Mums, pansies, chrisathumums, huneysuckle, n a few others. When I find one that bothers me, I look at it out the window until it's done blooming. (don't get that close).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home