Wednesday, October 03, 2007

8Tober

Photo by Snaggle Tooth 2007
...
October already, n gearing up for chillier temps n less daylight. There' so much to do in here in warm daylight, n little time to get to it.
...
The area's been very dry this year, n some leaves have gone brown without much color so far. The native Holly vines which turn red every September seemed less brilliant so far. Also the "burning bushes" n Bittersweet vines are turning early.
...
I may not get to scan leaves for the first time in years. I'm behind on the puter project list which backlogged so far all summer. Re-installing the scanner software n updating driver just aren't priority yet. I'm still waiting on new ink to check the printer out, n may need a new one.
...
Rotating prints has taken too much time n energy as it is. I should just be getting back to the projects left hangin' when last the machine went kaputz. But the blogging is the easy part I always would rather do. That's just the way it is...
...
For the third year in a row, in a couple of weeks I'm traveling into a Northern New England state for a fall wedding, my niece. Just a day trip this time, n only my second trip all year. I really need to get out more often! The fuel prices have really cramped my style.
...
I used to follow music friends all over Maine, New Hamphire, n Vermont every week-end. Now I've been working every week-end night, n getting so tired I just want to stay home in my time off. I do miss my old friends alot tho. There's no substitute for live, original music, either. J. Giels n James Montgomery were playing in the Blues club right uptown here this summer, n I didn't make it there to wave "Hello." Pretty sad when you're too tired to go a few hundred feet up the road for fun.
...
One day soon I hope to not be so over-worked so I can get back to some semblance of a social-life again. I've managed to shove all my fav folks on the back-burner in favor of surviving this fickle economy here. Meanwhile, I'm contemplating a second job just to stay afloat, n then really get no sleep or socializing in.
...
On the phone with friends recently I've noticed I've nothing to discuss besides work, gripes, n depressing news. I'll need some uplifting things to discuss at the wedding besides my cat dying, which is all I have on my mind lately... Apparently that's why I should get out more!
...
Fall has Fallen n it can't get up!
(Maybe it's time to get "Life-line Alert!")

11 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Neo picks Snaggle up and dusts her off

In time my friend, good things can't stay away from good people forever.

Remember that!

*hugs*

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Shelley said...

You do have some exciting things to talk about! One of your friends is moving to canada, and another couple are remodeling their condo and living with her father until the dreaded work is done. And to top it off they have a total of 3 dogs and a cat! How insane is that? What else are your nutty friends up to? Oh I do love a fall wedding...

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, n I'm allergic to those dustmites, too! (cough)!
-Hmmm someday before I'm 80 would be good...

Xray, 3 dogs n a cat isin't that bad! Oh yeah, everyone's remodeling this year but me- n usually I talk about me, but thanks.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger Mom Knows Everything said...

My life revolves around kids, my house and my computer. Basically I have no life. LOL The only way I get info on what's going on is by asking my sisters. Thank god they like to gossip! LOL

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tammy, thanks for the visit. At least kids do alot of cute things n keep life from getting dull! Click on MB in the sidebar links.

 
At 1:52 AM, Blogger ZoeyBella said...

Hasn't been chilly up here. Almost late summer actually. I miss the feeling of a crisp fall. Here's hoping it's on its way.

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Zoey, guess here it's toasty until late in the week also- no temp complaints, but the leaves are going fast- without the color...
I'm sure the cold will show-up soon!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

The difference between us is I vent in my writing, and you vent in conversation. Both outlets are perfectly acceptable.

Sh*t happens. I wish I could go to the wedding, but $ & time do not permit.

You didn't go see J Geils or James Montgomery? Really? Holy Moley!

Good live entertainment is another reason I miss Boston.

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Fleen, I write here cause I enjoy it, not just to spout but whatever I feel like doing.
It'll def not be as much fun at the party w/o you n C!

 
At 2:31 AM, Blogger flleenie said...

I know! :)

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

:(
Maybe things will be looking better by the next wedding...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home