Thursday, March 01, 2007

Writings on the Wall

Photo by SnaggleTooth 2007
...
The Sea-wall corner is at the boat-ramp Which I can see everyday out my kitchen window. When waves crash over it, it's storm surge or hurricane time.
...
I heard a nasty storm ripped some lives apart earlier today on it's way through the mid-south states. It's a scary thought to see a school get demolished by a tornado while kids are there-
If it were my kids... :o.
Here we're just expecting wind, snow, n flood warnings for the over-night hours, n luckily I won't need to drive until work later tomorrow.
...
Finally I chose to switch my account today, without even fighting the switch-now window. Hope my stuff works without my settings giving me a must "click OK" problem with each open window. I've been spending countless free-time hours (missing sleep last week) downloading to upgrade virus protection, n it's still not installed yet, so hoping I don't catch a nasty bug in the meantime. Also, last time I did a program upgrade, it screwed up other software big-time. I'll prob be up all night doing it again, then crossing the fingers it doesn't have another big (C++) conflict.
...
I still need to get to the phone calls, tax-forms, n laundry. Another exciting day off. Actually, I really need rest. Been having a weird week with people at work, cause now I can understand what the Portuguese rumor mill is dishing out (about me). Really wish I could afford a few days off, n more project time!
...
That graffitti wasn't mine, (but I wish I had time too).

7 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

wow.. you finally broke down.. everything looks normal to me! it's really not bad.. the new blogger. i just wish they gave you the option of trying it out earlier on as a trial or one time thing and then have the ability to switch back. but such is life in a corporate world.

man that wall is getting awfully worn down! i remember once i fell off that wall over by the stairs. that wasn't fun. but i was okay.

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, You seem to be getting new baby pics every couple hours today... wow that one's cute! My security thing pops up a window to click everytime I enter comments- maybe after I fini installing the v'07 I can lower the security settings, cause it's really a pain-

The wall has been beaten on alot since you moved. I was surprized at so much spray-paint, which is recent.

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger David Edward said...

*** fairly godmother on the way with your days off wish in hand****

i seem to log in to the new blogger ten times a day, does it not have any memory, or does it think I am trying to infiltrate me?
the stuff we go through to blog
I am envious of your shore view, even though I have my mountain view, funny how that works..
much love

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Ellen said...

I, too, am envious of your shore view. Being born with sea water in my veins, it sometimes is difficult to go so long without a visit to the sea.

It appears to be very cold up there.... and the pictures of the waves frozen in spot were awesome. Bet you can't wait for the weather warm-up on it's way soon. We've had trees and bushes start their slow budding and flowering process, although it still is a little too early even for us. I only hope we don't get that last freeze that will take it all away.

We were pretty lucky that the tornados were well below the city, but not so fortunate for the people of Americus, Ga.... or Enterprise, Al. So sad.... so sad... And to top it all off, a bus carrying baseball students from Buffington on their way to Florida for a game toppled off a surface street bridge onto I-75 friday morning. The whole highway system was shut down for the better part of the day. My heart goes out to the parents of the 4 students killed along with the bus driver and his wife.

It looks like your switch to the "new" blogger worked well, and I don't see any difference either. That said, I have experienced other problems that ticked me off with this new version. David mentioned it well.. the system cannot remember my password, therefore, I have had problems leaving comments. I typed a few long ones, and it wouldn't take no matter what I did. Only hope this makes it through!

Take care, and keep warm, I hear another cold front is headed towards NE tomorrow.

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

that's the one thing i loathe about the new blogger.. is when you don't realize you're not logged in and you write a long comment and it's gone b/c you have to log in. i've gotten in the habit of copying my post before publishing just in case.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Michael K. Althouse said...

Man, how cool is that - having that view each and every day. I went up to the mountains over the weekend... up to my old stomping grounds for a little work and a little play. I posted a couple of pics that represent why I lived there and why I miss it.

Your blog looks the same to me, I guess everything worked out ok.

Mike

 
At 11:18 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

David, I just activated my Goog-act so haven't had the thrill-ride of surprizes yet... N I'm still jealous of your snow-fall!

Ellen, my short sea-sights were bone-chilling, tho worth the sacrifice to share.
The tornadoe stories are still on the news here, ie: the hospital- saw the bus story too- yuc-
Glad you're OK!
My last comment on your new post was eaten, n I gave up for zzz's... I'll get to it again soon-

MB, I write in the box, then just copy n paste (right-clicking) into Notepad, my fav appl- in case.
today Norton remote scanning is my nightmare...

Mike, very wind-chilled cool today, n not as close as this shot. I'll make it there soon. Out snow-boarding again? It's possible the Sierras miss you too...
The pain part is in my machine... working very slowly on it right now-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home