Friday, November 03, 2006

Sample

Scan of actual leaves by SnaggleTooth


Here's the part of the vegetation rainbow I found on my walk across the street today.
...
I actually made it out the door before dusk n shot a few, then picked a few for the scanner project. Soon all these leaves will wither n brown, but the scans will live on forever in vivid color...
...
The photos won't get done to use right away, though, (Maybe next week). The Maples are all bare, so the red, orange, n brown Oak, Ash, birch, n Sassafrass are providing the current show by still hanging onto a few bits of color spared by the storm.
...
The surge from that storm last week-end actually flooded a few roads right down the hill from me, damaged some floating piers, n beached some craft off moorings around the bay according to the local weekly.
...
Then there's the bright pink n orange tube-flower berries from my yard I like to add for contrast.
Very few were spared from the Tent-caterpillars n the landlord's landscape-weed-whacker-pruning, non-skills. It's amazing any plants make it through his crash n burn visits. In two summers he's managed to kill all the mature shrubs in the yard, including the Lilacs and Bramble-roses, which he always trimmed off next years flowering branches, the Forsynthias, n a pretty white-flowering mystery bush just after it blossomed this year. I liked the yard much better before this guy took over for his dad...
If it were up to me, the plants would still be abundant in this yard as they were when I moved in.
...
Well lucky for me, the woods are still allowed to live across the way for all of our Autumn enjoyment.

10 Comments:

At 5:07 PM, Blogger David Edward said...

your scanner project is beautiful

 
At 4:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Thankyou David, I spend a bit of time getting it on there right.

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger X said...

Most of our leaves our down here. It's sad...I wish they could stay on the trees a little longer so we can enjoy their colours more. :)

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Milk Brain said...

she has a bunch of scans from last fall too when the leaves were prettier.. check out her archives

 
At 8:50 PM, Blogger Carol said...

I love your vegetation rainbow..this is my first visit to you..and I will be back..I love the Autumn leaves..the browns and yellows and the reds...good job with the scanning..

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

OilF, It does all go down very quickly! I can't stand missing out on it. I wish the pretty leaves would hang up there a bit longer, Myself! Here goes another long wait...

MB, Thanks for plugging my archives! This year tho-, I stuck with a non-color BG...

Carol, thanks for visiting n leaving a note. Glad you enjoyed my composition.

Note: be sure to click on the pic for the large version, which shows the reds better.

 
At 4:48 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

We were lucky to have a pretty abundant leaf show this year, but they are coming down fast now. Today is one of those cold rainy days... the chill to the bone type... and the leaves I so nicely raked off the driveway are replaced by ones from the trees who's time was next. Oh well, I'll be out again Sunday with the rake again.

I love your leaf display.... as I did last year. You really get some great reds in the mix!

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Hi Ellen! You already got peak colors down there?
We're having a soaker night here, also. Don't feel bad- I had to go out in the dark rain to rake the storm drain in a huge puddle again- not fun after an 11 hour work-shift, but worth not backing up the water...

Thanks! The reds are very deep this year for some reason after that caterpillar disaster on the first set of leaves. Guess we're lucky there's any!

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

Yup.... this year was a stellar year for color. I almost feel like I'm in New England for the season. I mostly noticed it this past weekend, and hubby made mention of the same thing. Only too bad the rain is making the leaves fall faster each day.

 
At 5:15 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellen, I hope it clears up so you can enjoy more color n sunshine very soon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home