Monday, September 08, 2014

LoafaLot


Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2014

Here in the land of LoafaLot, I awoke very late, n took my sweet time, feeling a bit under the humid, hot weather. Well, it's too hot n the pollen is high.

I checked the weather radar, n made a quick trip uptown to grab a can of breadcrumbs before the severe t-storm weather alerts could derail my meatloaf plan.

Now many hours later, I still don't feel great, but it's a luxury not to have to work n get the extra rest I need anyhow. The meatloaf was good, n I'm very full with plenty of left-overs the rest of the week- so not much more cooking needed later on. Yay on lazy food later...

Always a double-edged sword in the Land of LoafaLot. Get rest, don't get as much done, it's a toss-up. I want both.

Hopefully I awaken tomorrow with more ambition n feeling up to doing more. Have so much to choose from, it may take another nothing day to decide what to do first...

Yep, I went swimming at the main beach Thursday, but it was windy. You couldn't see thru the water, n there weren't many boats around for spotters. The little fish are schooling n jumping out of the water, splashing all over the place. I got nervous, due to the day before's shark attack report in Plymouth, so didn't go deep as usual n only was in for a few minutes. I estimate a shark could go thru the canal n get her in just a few hours from there without going fast... so I won't push my luck- If I'd felt better I would've gone again these past two days of warmth, but just not feeling better yet.

8 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Neo said...

Jump in the water!

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Beats a swimming pool any day.

 
At 8:46 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Yes, sharks are running out of food and heading our way. I like wading in the river, but not so much the deep water swimming.

 
At 2:16 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Neo, At least our water is still warm. I think the little fish are jumping out to escape attacks by bigger fish charging in.

Gran Annie, It's a large salt pool here, even in the harbor. Pool chlorine gives me hives n burns my eyes! At the pool in the old days I used to do the high dive.

Tabor, They follow the tropical Gulf Stream Current North, n then spread out, They have been tracked going over 4000 miles in 3 months, so that's alot of distance! There have been alot of seals around this year, even at the nearby marina platforms. I do swim like a seal, n prefer deep water. Just too paranoid!

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'm glad you got your swim. I might be nervous about sharks, too.

That photograph is just gorgeous!

 
At 12:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, it was warm n High tide, but I prefer more folks in kayaks around to watch the water. I was the only one over my knees! Not too fool-hardy I guess. Thanks

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I hope you feel less under the weather soon, I think lazy days are important for mind, body and soul. Glad you got to swim and didn't get attacked by a shark!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I'm doing much better this week, thanks. I almost never get to be lazy. Just too much to do. Thanks, n I was nervous but did it anyway, n got away with it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home