Friday, August 29, 2014

Labor

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2014

After a laborious Summer season, the end is near. It's that celebratory week-end other workers (but me) seem to always have off for relaxing n going to Back to School sales. Some of those clothes are so cheap I got some for me too!



Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2014

Summer folks in large quantities are here all over, relaxing. The neighbors are even out kayaking in the Christobal small-craft warnings on our south facing beaches in this particular section of Cape Cod. Guess they don't pay attention to the news when on Vacation. I wonder if the harbormaster was out kicking their butts to obey the warning flags.



Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2014

I'm lucky to get 2 to 4 hours of sleep with the outdoor noise lately, n have been getting allergy head-aches from all the ragweed pollen. In one more week it should be a different scene around here, fewer folks around, alot more rest time, n less crazy work until Columbus Day. 

Photo by SnaggleTooth Summer 2014

Pics are from the deck tomatoes 3 weeks n 2 weeks ago. At one point I counted 14 green ones on the one, bush type, potted, plant. They are ripening in various sizes from cherry to large Beefsteaks. The vine was too heavy, so I took some off to ripen on the windowsill. I've cooked two, n have five in the frig. With the prices for organic on the vine at the market, my planting n care labors are paying off.



Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2014

(pic order gave me alot of trouble again in the editor this post- but guess I like the unintentional one on the top anyway!) 

I hope your labors are feeling rewarded also-
Have a good Labor Day Week-end,

8 Comments:

At 7:44 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

You are quite industrious in keeping plants from the critters. Glad that works!!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Sorry, to hear about the headaches. I have not had one in over a week, knock wood. With me it seems to be changes in the barometric pressure than can trigger them.

Ummm, give me a beefy-steak tomato any day! And a steak, for that matter. :)

Christobal, interesting name for a Hurricane. I guess they do have to keep coming up with new names, eh? And each year has to be diffenent for each letter name?

xooxox



 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

Wow that's not enough sleep to survive on, I hope things quieten down soon, and that you can get some rest. I'm impressed with your plants.

Here in the UK it's just a normal weekend.

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

This has been a luxurious summer and I distress to think it is coming to an end. I am not ready to face another horrible winter like last year and pray to go into it better prepared.

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, The squirrels alone used to do them in, then there's an opossum. Chicken n hardware wire are easy to reconfigure.

Jannnie, been a bad allergy season- Beef is so over-priced now! Changing storm name lists doesn't make them any friendlier. We still get butt-kicker no-names anyhow-. I can't get the good computer for loading your pics until next week, btw-

LLcoolJ, Yep, I'm very grumpy, n Not a Cat! One more week, n things will be looking up- For such a late summer start this year, the plants are finally doing well, n the produce always tastes better than the market food. Thanks

Gran Annie, it took so long to get nice here this year- it's been too short a summer! Remember to stock up on clean blankets, sweat-shirts, plastic to hang up, n emergency heater- units. Maybe some disposable pocket- heat-paks they use for football too- Enjoy the warmth while it lasts! Praying for a mild winter doesn't hurt either.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger G. B. Miller said...

Ahh...the end of summer is upon us, and hopefully you'll be able to get back to some kind of (in)sanity soon.

Fresh tomatoes are a very good thing indeed.

Father Nature's Corner

 
At 3:18 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

I've had a cold for a few days and then ragweed on top of that sort of aggravated it. A nasty business, but I loved the holiday anyway. I'm glad you've had some nice days.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

G.B. , insanity may be more fun than what I've been doing. I'll settle for a whole 6 hours of un-interrupted sleep minimum per day. Now if the cat would cooperate... Good for pizza, rice, stew, n my nutrition, plus so expensive.

Lynn, hot weather colds are difficult- n Bugs are running around work n little ones the past several weeks. I've had a few bad days but didn't get to stop.
Here comes warm weather time off- yay!
Hope you are recovered n the pollen lets up there for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home