Wednesday, August 06, 2014

Summer Color

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014

In the old days before Sun damage worries were known, I used to be out in the sun getting a tan on purpose. I  still spend alot of time outside, but not relaxing. This year I managed only work up a farmers tan. Still haven't worn the old bathing suit. Had more Thunder storms giving forceful, free showers today, n managed errands magically just in the space between two of them. If only non-work days were as good as the work-week ones lately! I've been so wanting to play hooky...


Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2014
Before the storms it was sticky out. but now it's less humid. Supposed to be the same tomorrow, but maybe it'll stay nice long enough. I'm hoping to at least toe-dip at high tide after getting to the post office.

This pic seems magical to me with it's reflective, residual boat wake ripples n a thunder head in the distance. I'm not taking many pics lately, as the cam is sometimes malfunctioning, being old n all. (2007). Time for a new one soon. (Pic from the end of July). I'm no longer taking the cam with me all the time.

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014
The two altered images today are the same angle with different color pallet combos. I can't seem to get away from seeing a green pig's nose with mouth  on the top here, n feel like one - been eating so much watermelon, jello, pudding, zucchini (Thanks MB), n chocolate ice cream lately. This summer I'm liberally adding on whipped cream n Breyer's cherry topping,  plus chipping away slowly at a bag of fresh cherries. (Allergy inflamation seems less). I finally had a beautiful, large, fresh strawberry from the deck today, n more are on the way (an ever-bearer).

Mischief was pretty sick the past month or so, but is now doing  alot  better again. Of course now she'll only eat pet-store canned food costing over a dollar per tiny can (a step above Fancy-feast n Sheba). But at least she's eating again n getting stronger to enjoy some of her time as a senior kitty. (She's 15 years old).

About one month from now I have a scheduled week off work, n I can't wait. Hopefully the summer weather will hang on late for me to get to the beach one warm, sunny day, so I don't feel like I missed out on why I live here. Work has been aggravating to say the least, n I'm just totally burnt out being in a hurry all day, every day. Seems no matter how fast I go or how much I do, it's never enough to get rewarded. There's alot to be said for having time n getting enough rest too- which I seem to never get these days.

Do you have a tan this summer? 

9 Comments:

At 10:38 PM, Blogger Cloudia said...

Oh honey I love the subtle energy in your boat wake photo. All of them, really. Isn't it wonderful to still work up a sweat and really wear this body (out)?


ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
=^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

 
At 5:36 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I'll bet that strawberry was delicious. Warm from the sun.

I actually try not to tan these days, but do have a little color on my arms in spite of that. :)

That's exciting that you get a week off soon.

 
At 3:01 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Cloudia, Thanks, I get worn out every work shift. I hope the earthquake today n the hurricanes tonight spare you n your neighbors from harm! Aloha!

Lynn, So tangy n juicy- All those walks n growing Good Things got you a farmer's tan!

 
At 12:14 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

i just made a chocolate zucchini cake with some of the ones from my fridge. I have about 12 left- to figure out what to do with. lol. Zucchini bread for sure, but you can only eat so much of that

 
At 5:40 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Now days every things will kill us
there is nothing we can do.

A light sprinkle this day one needs getting off.
Try going up to the boss and on him just cough.

The pictures in your eye no camera will see.
So is a new one what you really need?

Have fun on the vacation you have coming to you.
It is a shame it is just a week. I'm betting you could use two.

 
At 4:55 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

MB, You could boil it 1 minute, then freeze it for later. I only have 1 left- thanks again!

Ellis, Yep, we all get to die eventually, hopefully way later! Going to rain on me this week too- *rats* Cam needs help, n cash.
Could really use an easier job, n a month or two off really... Thanks

 
At 12:58 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Nope,. no tan. My skin can't take the sun any more. But that's okay. White skin's good too.

Exciting on soon getting a whole week off!!! I hope you don't fill it all up with chores.

My "Good" cam broke again in Canada, luckily more towards the end of the vacay. Hope our friend can work his magic on it again.

xoxoox

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Jannie, my arms look good at least! Ya so much to do it's crazy! Hope your cam comes back to click again soon! Mine is ok again.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I agree with Ellis
your weeks should be two.

at least, and better
a whole month for you!

do you ever see yourself
one day retiring?

just to sit and create
and sip tea, with fires firing.

:)

Glad your cam is good!

xoxooxox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home