Monday, July 14, 2014

Lilies

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014

About the only thing I'm enjoying lately is making rounds with the water can around the deck to see how the plants are coming along in this different, later growing season. So far only one of the impatiens I planted from seed has had a couple blossoms. The Wildflower mix has a few Buttons n a Cosmo showing. Violas are plentiful.


Image by SnaggleTooth July 2014
 The Herbs are doing well, n the veggies are beginning to get productive. I picked the first red tomato off the little "Beef-eater bush" today. It has about 12 more little green ones already! I splurged $3 for that Bonnie Plant n It's earning it's keep already.   I'm still waiting for pea n bean flowers to turn to pods, n the rest of the seedlings are at least growing- Many out-dated seeds just didn't sprout.



Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2014

The petunias are doing better than the pansies, but the stars of the week are all the Lilies which boldly opened a few days ago. If only my cam could do them close-up justice...

Last week, I didn't get to post due to my finicky machine n lack of free time- I hope to catch up a bit more this week, if thunder n lightning allow- I have some awesome sunset pics from last week to post soon.

9 Comments:

At 8:00 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Forget apples because home grown tomatoes are what will keep the doctor away. They are summer's salvation! So happy that you have your own little bit of that heaven.

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

We started with BLT's just a few days ago and soon we will have tons of tomatoes to eat. Love the lilies as mine are truly on the wane.

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Mad Mom said...

Your lilies are beautiful!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, At the store here now, tomatoes are selling for $2.49 lb !Any grown produce is a money saver-

Tabor, I haven't had one in ages- I no longer eat Mayo or bacon! here, "We've only Just begun" (Love that Karen Carpenter tune too). A shame Lilies don't last longer- but they are gorgeous.


Christine, Thanks. They seem to be multiplying since last year...

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

The lilies look beautiful. I'm glad your tomatoes are growing so well. I've never attempted to grow anything like that because in the summer I won't be here all the time to water them.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Hey, I see i missed this post. What beautiful flowers!! I think your cam did AMAZING justice to the lilies.

Hungry now, after hearing all about your wonderful herbs and veggies.

xoxo

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, but you are lucky to be able to travel- I always stay around home except for short trips, due to my cat needing to be cared for.

Jannie, Glad you made it to this post! Macro would be more fun with them I think- I always get hungry looking at the plant- Hope the insects let me eat more of it.

 
At 6:16 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Maybe I should try tomatoes in a pot. Love those lilies!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, it's a bush type, n now has over ten tomatoes on it! Some pretty large- You'd like it in the warmth there all summer. Plus they always taste better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home