Friday, August 02, 2013

A Gust

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013 
Summer breezes have brought in a couple of beautiful, perfect weather days in a row for me.
A month of summer remains, n already things are more calmed down from the July craziness here. Traffic n store lines are still lengthy, but around town there are noticeably fewer visitors.

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013
This week I had an extra Day Off for 3 in a row to get in some visiting folks time. Along with some rest n hanging out, I got some walking, n a little high tide beach swimming too.

Rumors of spotted Portuguese Man-o-Wars n numerous sharks come from the other side of town, closer to the direct feed of the Gulf Stream Current heading up the East coast. I feel fairly safe at the inner harbor beach, with so many manned kayaks n boats being around to spot anything that gets close to the pier.

Image by SnaggleTooth Summer 2013Now my visitors have returned home, the rain n humidity is moving back in, n it's back to work again. Even the one day made such a difference to me...

Hope I can get in more play time this summer

9 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Tabor said...

Beach walking is better than valium!

 
At 8:28 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I hope you get more play time, too. I'm so glad you had a good day off!

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Oh, I hope the weather lasts for you to get to keep playing and relaxing.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, Plus- I can't have valium. It's time I find more time to enjoy these surroundings Thanks

Lynn, Thanks. It gets difficult seeing everyone else on vaca sometimes.

Gran Annie, I'm pleased it wasn't a rainy break. Thanks. It's the PMC week-end, n orders are crazy on the Cape.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger TALON said...

Sounds like a lovely time, Snaggle. I'm glad you got some quality time off. It's gotten very cool here this week - all that tremendous and tiresome humidity is gone. Now it's feeling like late September. What a strange summer this has been!

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Erica B said...

We had fun- I'm glad we could get together!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

One more month of summer. Maybe 2, with the Indian summer and October early blush of god on the hills?

I meant to write gold. But God n gold, the same source, eh? :)

And did you know diamonds are manufactured mostly in volcanoes? I think so, anyway. I think that's what the documentary said.

Not sure what conditions best bring about gold deposits. But maybe you know?

Nightie-nite, I'm up way past my bedtime. :)

xooxoox

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

So pleased you had some real time off work and the weather was good too.

I'm here in AZ and it's so hot I'm finding it hard to stay outside for more than 30 minutes!!

 
At 2:03 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, I really need more R&R this year- too burnt out! The weather has kept me busy too- but at least the cool was easy sleeping again! Now muggy is back- was enjoying the dry air! Thanks

MB, Was good to see you n the boys- who are getting so big! We should have more nice weather visit time, n swimming.

Jannie, I think God has alot to do with all this pretty nature stuff! Diamonds in the thermal heat vent shafts of volcanoes- Did you see "Journey to the Center of the Earth "from a couple years ago? I'll tale any gold, even the Golden Pond these days!
I now skip sleep time to fit this in...

LLcoolJ, Thanks- From the cool to the hot oven eh? Heard of fires there, like it isin't hot enough yet! Hope you don't melt! Here is actually perfect lately- not too cloudy, cool, or hot n quite comfy.
Well, maybe the cool UK will feel good this return trip- Happy Vaca!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home