Thursday, July 25, 2013

Tree

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2013

"Royal Pain in the Butt"

Is what I nicknamed a new product in honor of the royal baby sprung on me at work which required tons more time, paper, n prep work - right on "My Friday," (5th day in a row).
So now I'm basically having a non-functional Day Off.
All the businesses are jumping on that make a new trend buck bandwagon, I guess... n I'm paying for it by not getting needed stuff done.


Image by SnaggleTooth July 2013

After going thru a sleepless week, the extra work without extra help or pay was the last thing I needed. I suppose there's something about warm weather which makes me complain more. (I am too sore).

Yay- Today finally rained a bit n brought the temp n humidity down.


Image by SnaggleTooth July 2013

I think it's great there's a healthy new royal baby, but too bad they don't do this crazy stuff for other babies! Because every single one is just as special- but I am really glad I didn't have mine under the public, media microscope!

btw- I rigged up my machine to get online again, but still going on a slower connection, n have had little time to improve the machine set-up, (updates, ect.,) which I'll get to if I ever catch up enough on chores n sleep, There's way to much dust I'm allergic to behind this machine's here. I'm already not feeling too good today...

Image by SnaggleTooth July 2013

 Well, at least I have another day to attempt my recovery. I must force myself to get the work laundry washed n hung up before dawn tho-  My blog reading list is way backlogged too. I'd much rather do that, really!

Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2013


Did you see a new Royal Baby themed product today?
(Mine for about a hundred stores was a sugary food I don't recommend eating!)

6 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

That tree is beautiful! And no - I haven't seen any products named for the new baby. Although I confess I did watch some of the coverage by recording The Today Show yesterday. :)

Hope you get some relief soon!

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, One of the many, very ancient, bent trees near the water's edge here. My boss made a pretty penny on the promo which hopefully will be over by work tomorrow. Getting as much rest as I can today. Thanks.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I do agree that every single baby born is special and the fuss over this one is a bit...over the top. But maybe it's because Britain needs something to celebrate and who doesn't love a baby? The only thing here done to celebrate this particular baby's birth was a lot of lights being blue - on Niagara Falls, the CN Tower etc.

Hope you get some quality down time, Snaggle, and that your day off isn't swallowed up by chores!

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I think you should try to get a job closer to home, even if it pays a little less. you'd probably make it up in gas savings, be treated like a human being, sleep, and be much better off in general.

My heart goes out to you to feel better. As a fellow (I guess sister,) dust allergy sufferer (today, yuck) I know how unpleasant it feels.

xooxox

 
At 7:13 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Poor kid has to go through life as George. Apologies to all Georges:)

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, blue lights seem reasonable. Expected holiday extra work s bad enough without springing surprises. Time Off is never long enough- it seems. Thanks

Jannie, There are no FT jobs here anymore, not even at McD's! Believe me, I have tried n lost sleep looking. I'm really dragging. Need more sleep to recover. Thanks

Gran Annie, Good to see you back! I have an uncle George, a past b-friend, n past siamese cat too. That was the last English King The USA had a revolution to get away from as I recall- Will be tough to get judged against the other Georges, I think! Good luck to him

 

Post a Comment

<< Home