Monday, April 22, 2013

Flowers

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2013

Around my neighbor-
hood this week, finally early Spring flowers are coming out. I'm hoping to find more yard work time at the end of the week if weather permits. The Vincia Periwinkle flowers are peeking out from under the un-raked leaves.

Out on the deck the Vincia is all dried out in its bucket along with the Coral-eyed phlox which shows no signs of life either. The winter may've been too harsh n dry for them to reboot.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2013

But here's a neighbors pretty, little garden out front I walked past last week. I actually broke down n got a  small container of  .82 cent daffodils for the kitchen. I got a $1.50 purple Hyacinth (not blooming yet) also. Last years is out there in a pot somewhere, not sprouting, unless the critters ate it.

Image by SnaggleTooth April 2013

Even my Thyme plants brought in for the winter all got too frozen when the heat was out for days after the Blizzard. A few more are just sprouting from seeds. I also planted Basil, Impatiens, beets, n some old Marigold seeds inside I hope some seeds from last years Petunias n Pansies.sprout in the old pots too.

Photo by SnaggleTooth April 2013

Looks like the neighbor keeps tossing spent daffodils near the woods across the road, adding some early color to the brown n grey  out there.
Events this week, plus falling asleep during steps of posting delayed this post a few days too...

9 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Happy you decided to spring (no pun intended) for a few inexpensive plants. Priceless.

 
At 4:44 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, Me too, they really cheer me up after losing the African Violets flowering cycle. It was definitely worth the 3 bux!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger TALON said...

I love when a bloom shows up in an unexpected place, Snaggle :)

Our daffodils have just begun blooming...only one or two (as if some are letting the others test the waters) and it's still so cold that not much else is showing color yet. This has been a very slow Spring. I can't wait to see the leaves on the trees. We had snow on Sunday and I think it's throwing everything off.

Glad you got the daffodils and hyacinth (whose fragrance I love)...they really do brighten up the kitchen, don't they?

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Isn't that wonderful that those daffodils persist in blooming, even after being tossed away.

Beautiful pics!

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love it also when you see flowers appear where they shouldn't. It happens here in our garden in the UK and in the States too. It makes me grin because they seem to flourish while the ones I've planted properly die!!

Love the photos. :)

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Yes, I'm really getting my money's worth. Sorry to hear you got more snow on your yard. I hope it melts fast-

Lynn, I guess all the fallen leaves there help them survive winter. The ones in my deck pots are MIA again- thanks

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, I think it is the irony of nature that amazes me too! Thanks

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Looking good. And I love "reboot" for a flower metaphor. Will be fun to see what comes up for you.

xooox

 
At 11:14 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Your impatiens are looking good down in the toasty Texas country... Thanks

 

Post a Comment

<< Home