Wednesday, August 22, 2012

TV Turnoff

Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 21 2012


Why do I always procras- tinate past the last minute when my service companies or daily used web services (like Blogger) decide to upgrade n change my way of doing things? Then I'm forced into a big hassle of changing when it's too late to avoid getting shut off from previous known proceedure. (n I'd never really wanted to... that's why).

The latest warning I ignored was a snail mail notice recieved in July, when all that other stuff was going on. Neighbors interrupting my sleep daily, extreme heat with no ac, loss in the family, quick n long trip, truck breakdown, plus OT every day at work but still broke- I was just too overloaded to pay attention when I read the "going to all digital channels" notice from the cable company.


Image by SnaggleTooth Aug 21 2012


Then I got a warning "Robo message" call a few days ago, startling me into realizing I'd had no time to deal with the thought of preparing in advance for it. So when I got home last early am for Day Off from another week of tall order n machine breakdown hell, I turned on my usual background tv channel n found a buzzy test screen rainbow. N the next channel, then the next... then TG finally, 4 channels came in- whew!

I'll only have a handfull of program choice until the converter I had to order arrives. (update: later on I was suddenly reduced to only 1 channel- joy). It reminds me of what it felt like to visit far northern cousins with only 3 tune-able stations as a kid, after being spoiled with 15 Boston stations all the time. I only get basic cable, but it's nice to watch what you're used to. When I go somewhere with 800 channels, I'll still watch my regular choices.


Photo by SnaggleTooth Aug 21 2012


I guess being that way n not wanting to change how things are done everyday is part of getting old- plus I'm just too tired n overworked to want more on the docket in my limited free time...

Seems like almost all my time is spent recovering from work, n preparing for work again. I definately need more relax n play hours, n way less forced hassle... 

6 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Tabor said...

All these are lovely.

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I think they change things way too much. Stick with the status quo already, people.

What a great sunset shot, thanks for sharing its (and your)magnificence!

xoxo

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Our televisions changed from analog to digital quite some time ago and I thought it was nationwide.

 
At 12:04 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Tabor, thanks- well, I have alot of play with image time right now- without any tv interruptions.

JanF, I think they weasle ways to get more money from us constantly! N both my vhs n dvd players don't work- no movies either.

Gran Annie, my connected vcr has a digital tuner, but they moved the channels up beyond it's high number (125). Plus the cable company promised to keep the new digital channels available to paying customers when the digital tv regulations passed. They lied, what a surprise. Now all late night only annoying infomercials are on!

They are sending a converter at no fee- but I have to pay to plug it in n spend time installing n learning to operate, then return it when ending service.= hassle. Plus I'm missing my soap opera-

 
At 5:41 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

Same here - I ended up getting a DVR so I could record shows and watch them when I want and ended up getting one for the bedroom, too. So that added $36 to my bill each month.

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, I started at $10 per month on basic years ago, n it has doubled, while I've lost channels in the line-up. No way am I doing the internet/ phone bundle thing everyone is paying $100 per mo for- I can barely pay what I already am- until work pays me more. This one channel with only info-mercials all overnight is killing me on day 3 here... I really miss movies tho- at work I was playing scenes in my head memory...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home