Thursday, August 23, 2012

Sandman


Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012


I first saw him working the beach in July. It was a beached whale...
Photo by SnaggleTooth July 2012

I didn't bother him, just took a few quick shots from the pier.
Photo by SnaggleTooth August 2012

Then today I found a dog with all his belongings on the beach by the pier.
Photo by SnaggleTooth August 2012
He'd started "tinkering" right after high tide started going down. I asked him how he gets the color on n I guessed right, non-toxic spray paint used with a very light, loose touch.
Such patience he has...


Photo by SnaggleTooth August 2012

That's Sandman monitoring his work by the pier n the main beach as he awaits the evening free concert. My cam was facing the Sun n gave him an odd purple marker, which has only happened once before on the haunted hill across from my house.
He was nice to chat with, n from out of town, but visits often.

6 Comments:

At 5:41 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I like that you call him the sandman. His work is awesome! And entertaining, too. I'm glad you talked to him and got his story.

 
At 11:21 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

Glad to see he didn't sculpt a pile of doggie you-know-what. :)

But seriously, WOW, how cool!

Mister Sandman
sculpt me a dream.
Make the cutest dog toys
I've ever seen...

The purple is a sign that all is well in the Universe.

xoxoxo

 
At 4:02 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, well I am a curious artist! He told me to call him Sandman. I got his real name too- but decided not to publish it.

JanF, I know he considered it... But how do you explain it to little Ones at the beach? n there were lots!
How did you know the old '50's tune was going thru my head? n not the Seals n Crofts '70's one?
So that's what it means- I thought it indicated a good spirit following him around...

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

wait= maybe it was BeeGees-

 
At 7:10 AM, Blogger Granny Annie said...

Do people give him money for his labor? Looks like it would be a good way to collect some appreciation from viewers.

 
At 4:14 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Gran Annie, I bet he takes donations to get more supplies, but doesn't advertise. He said Justin Beeber has pics of his sand sculpture on FB! He's in it for the fame-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home