Saturday, November 20, 2010

Tiny Odd Peek


.
.
These are not good photos of small stuff painted while goofing around awhile back. My cam is detail challenged, unfortunately.
I have this thing for drawing n painting animated guitars. (see this ESR oldie also). To me, they are characters... ( blues guitar...)
.

I haven't done alot of cats. These are quick scetches on a montage of odd subjects in a landscape I have from when I was experimenting with new water color tubes I'd never used.
.
.
Usually I spend more energy on unicorns. (See the ancient ESR Uni). This one's altered for ESR of course. Same one as this uni version).
Last year I wrote a poem "Time Vessel" n put up a purple-ized uni work from a photo too.
.
Someday I'll get better reproduction equiptment. I have tons of old stuff in storage, n some of boats n seascapes, etchings, n drawings. Most of the best stuff tho belongs to other folks.
.
.
The best part about the messier scetches in paint is- some have my fave expressions even tho the form is simplified, like in this bad pic detail of an ancient oil paint scetch made on the back of canvas textured wall-paper circa 1980.
Plus, I get to keep them...
(One of these days I should get good pics of sculptures too...)

8 Comments:

At 10:15 AM, Blogger TALON said...

These are lovely, Snaggle. I love the guitar - I like that you animate them because I think they do have individual personalities. The expression on the unicorns in the last painting is so perfect. I hope you find time to get back to painting and enjoying something that really showcases your creative talents.

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger desk49 said...

Paintings are like poems. Some love them some don't. But the painter or writer they have special meaning and no one can take that away.

Now for me they have depth, tone and contrast. I can see the movement of flesh beneath the skin.

Keep painting.

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, Thanks. I think they look alot better in person, n I need a better cam or a scan. When my scanner was working, I couldn't find the old pics, then I found them n it was broken- Ugh! Thick paint tends to reflect n wash out tones. I was trying to just use what was already in my puter images here-
I'm doing more painting this week-

Ellis, perhaps! Of course I like the pieces I put up here, tho the photos need more definition. btw- the guitar n cat are on the same blue beach with footprints, a boat, water, mountains, n sky. Then I wrote all over the upper section testing India Ink nib sizes. weird test stuff! Thanks

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

"Ellis, perhaps! Of course I like the pieces I put up here, tho the photos need more definition."

Will I do hope you like them. Definition to each their own but I'll let them stand on their own. An art teacher told me he would give me an F if I did not add a halo to a picture I was drawing. After looking at the picture, I told him I'll take the F because in my view the picture was perfect just as it was and I was not adding another pencil mark to it F or not. Later I found out he gave me two A's one for the picture and the other for standing up to my beliefs. Paintings like poetry has to speak to the viewer/reader.

Stile and simplicity speak to me

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

The guitar is my favorite. But I like all of them. I hope you keep painting, too, Snaggle.

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, Perhaps in regard to poems like paintings... I think some are=
I can't believe that art teacher! Of course, I got angry getting a b on a work in college on a drawing cause I insisted on my own style-
"Paintings like poetry has to speak to the viewer/reader." True- or there's no willing audience!
Some speak more than others, hold attention better-
I love that little cat, but not it's photo as much... tonal difference.
Thanks for explaining!

Lynn, I should do more guitars, i guess. Thanks! If I could, I'd like to paint all the time, unless doing sculpture, or writing...

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

What awesome talent you share. Thank you!!

Snaggle's "blue period," like Van Gogh's. Only I hope you are happier overall than he. I think you are!!

Another vote for the guitar as fave!! Kitty is sweet too.

xoxo

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

JanF, Thanks- but I still think they're not that good-
I had 4 tubes of different blues n wanted to see them together before deciding what to use. Much of new art is total experimentation, or it wouldn't be new! Thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home