Sunday, November 07, 2010

Barge In

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010
.
.

Taken from the top of the bluff hill over looking the village pier, this is a pic of a huge barge going thru the channel toward the Maritime Academy. On the side, "NY King" was easily readable at this distance. It was at least 3 stories tall above the water, n prob almost 200 feet long. Those little sailboats near it out there are appoximately 25 feet, (how I made my estimate). This is from my last Day Off. I seem to've had good timing to sight this rare spectacle here.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010
.
Back in the paint program, I simplified the forms n got this one. I think it has a very Earthy n restful effect on me... because I'm yawning as I look at it.
.
.

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010
.
.
From that point I apply a color change effect, n get a vibrant abstract, which I find interesting, tho without recognizable forms. This one wakes me up! Well, off to do some chores before bedtime, n tomorrow is expected to be a low order night after the busy week-end.
.
Hope you're having a good Week-end!

7 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger TALON said...

What a huge ship! That must have been an amazing sight.

I'm laughing at you yawning after simplifying the forms. That might be a good trick to remember on those nights when I can't sleep :)

Hope your day is as quiet as you expect it to be at work, Snaggle!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger ... Paige said...

love the simple forms and shapes. funny it's almost always the simple things are best


I said almost :-)

Have a super-duper day and week to come

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Lynn said...

Wow - wonder what was on that big ship? Love those pics.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

I love the second image, it reminds me of a paint by number painting somehow.

 
At 1:13 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

And at last your luck is running hot.
Pic 2 gave me a head ack, why have no idea.
I'm going along with you on Pic 3

Get some rest and don't over work.

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, It was a big surprise to spot! Most folks on the pier never looked up to see it. Honestly, I just yawned again looking at it!
Thanks, it wasn't bad- whew!

Paige, Yep, for some reason, simple is easy to like! I tend to like these versions of each altered image I do, too. Thanks

Lynn, me too... makes me want a huge xray gun, but then I'd see naked folks in the sailboats too! (maybe)- Thanks

LLcoolJ, Yes, as I was telling Paige above, I always like these versions for some reason. It does remind me of paint by numbers I used to do when young, tho I mostly did animals. Thanks

Ellis, n I'm hoping to hit the lottery jackpot also! Maybe you got a head-ache cus it reminded you of seeing out of focus without wearing glasses... Wish I could not overwork! thanks-

 
At 4:34 PM, Blogger Jannie Funster said...

I don't usually gravitate towards the muted pix of the originals, but that middle pic(the first morph, that is) is super on my eyes! I'd hang that on a wall for sure.

A channel eh? The mystery and allure of your maritime life ever deepens. :)

xoxo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home