Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Stretched

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010
.
.
Well, I told you I was getting strange stuff lately! I don't even know how to describe what this silly, goat-eared face is doing over architecture with gleaming fin-like ribbing skirting it, or why!
.
All I can tell you is I can get very different forms simply by flipping an image 180 degrees before applying the rotating mirror, after simplifying form, changing texture,n substituting the color palette, then flipping it back.
.
Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010
.
This red-masked face with yellow eyes at least is smiling over it's ground etched, feathery, Incan-esk primitive image of a Bird-god. .
.
Back at the beginning of the month, I got out in that sun n found my shadow in the D-bridge railing, stretched to strange proportions considering my short height. for three weeks straight ever since, it's been raining on both my Days Off... Rain this week too!

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010

.
The shadow portrait collection may someday get it's own blog, If I ever get time to search the files all down. (Another back-logged project waiting for a new computer... on a stretched budget will take awhile).
Looks like lots of rain... n few new pics again. I'm stretched even waking up before sundown this week!
TG I can find sunshine in BlogLand!

9 Comments:

At 5:47 AM, Blogger Lynn said...

I love that shadow portrait - that will make a beautiful series one day.

p.s. It's raining here, too.

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger Blue Bunny said...

I see karrits in there! neer the bottim.

i knows wot yoo meen about serching for foto files, my jannie has so mutch, she maeking me find evrything for she blogg.

oxox

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger TALON said...

Oh, I love the shadow shot! I love how they manipulate shapes and forms. Neat!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Lynn, Thanks. N i saw on the weather it's the same system of rain too!

BB, I see some little baby carrots too! I've been on this Puter since 2001- that's tons of pics! I'm all filed by year n month now. Good thing Jannie has your help!

Talon, thanks. Yes, I like being stretched all the way across the bridge! I must have about 100 shadow pics- been collecting a long time now. Then there's reflections...

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

A goat a plane
what all can you do
with a picture of a walkway
and a shadow of you.

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, I had a few more weird versions from this I didn't post, n tons a more of others I played with not liking the results! You folks see about 1 in 10 I've played with.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger LL Cool Joe said...

You should enter that last shot into "Shadow Shot Sunday"!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

LLcoolJ, really- There's a Shadow Shot Sunday? Never heard of it before! thanks

 
At 1:51 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

The shadow image was recently (Dec)called up on Google Image Search

 

Post a Comment

<< Home