Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Elect

Photo by SnaggleTooth Nov 2009 .
.
Election Day USA is also Day Off. Looks like a few Democrats have been bumped out by early reports.
It's a no brainer that folks have been unhappy with the lack of progress affecting their lives after the last batch were voted into public office, n that a shake-up in business as usual was at hand...
Massachusetts again is an exception to most of the nation. Many of our Democratic imcumbants are projected winners.
.
What do I think of this whole political mess? I won't get into much of my personal opinions on specific politicians local or federal. Usually, I find myself voting against the greater evil, not really for anyone. I believe there's so much diversity to represent in our system of elected representation, n so many issues to sway voting, it's a wonder any problems ever get solved!
.
The way this country runs reminds me of the Galactic Senate in the Star Wars films. The past few weeks I've been watching those six films again. Surely George Lucas was drawing upon the workings of the US House n Senate Chambers when he wrote those scenes into the script. What I believe the fictitious Senate had in common with our current system, is that altho much is discussed n debated, it's rare that anything is agreed upon, n progress made...

Image by SnaggleTooth Nov 2010
.
At least we haven't voted the Dark Sith Lord into power yet... (Have we?) ...




4 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger desk49 said...

or have we Snaggle or have we.

 
At 2:09 AM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Ellis, only time will tell! (Hope I am wrong-)

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger TALON said...

That photo of the shoreline...just gorgeous!

We had local voting here last week - for City Council. UGH! I'm not even sure anymore if politics is a necessary evil or just evil...do I sound terribly cynical?

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Snaggle Tooth said...

Talon, thanks! Another of last years, same month batch that hadn't been posted for some more suitable chioce at the moment...
I'm certain I feel cynical as well as disgusted with politics recently, myself! Nice leaf!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home